1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

trying to save VHS home videos by putting them on DVD's

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by Pea31, Feb 2, 2005.

1. Pea31

Pea31 Member

I have a program called MGI vidoewave that I am trying to to use to preserve my kids videos that are on VHS's. When I use my program to put the vidoes on my pc as an avi then I try to play it, it is out of snych. Is there something else I need to do or another program I should use? Thanks!!

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Hi, Sync Problems are Caused from a Number of things Like Dropping Frames while Captureing will Cause a Sync Problem.....

Also a Very Common Reason is the Simple Fact that Video Capture Devices and your Sound Card use seperate Clocks to Keep Time and Rarely are these Clocks Perfectly In Sync so after Captureing for a while the Audio and Video will Slowly Drift appart....

What you need is a Capture program that can Compensate for Dropped Frames and the Latency between your Capture Card and your Sound Card....
    Maybe Try "Virtual-VCR" which is Freeware and it has a Setting were you can set the "Master Stream" which should be set to "Video" which will Dynamicly Resample the audio to keep it in Sync with the Video...

You can also Try Captureing Directly to Mpeg-2/DVD useing "Intervideo WinDVR 3.0" which is a Very Good Quality Mpeg Capture Program and it has allways kept Perfect sync For me...This way you won"t have to encode your Files to Mpeg-2 before authoring them to DVD ,You can Just Load the Captured Mpeg-2 file into your DVD authoring Programs and Author it directly to DVD....

Cheers