1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trying to switch to DVDShrink

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by lenell, Dec 22, 2004.

1. lenell

lenell Guest

I have been burning for the past year or so using DVDXcopy. It worked good, but I'm now encountering some problems. I searched on this site and ended up downloading DVDShrink.

I have 'analysed' the disk, but now I keep getting an error when I try and burn. Do I need to download something else to get past copyrights? By the way, I downloaded Shrink 3.2. Sorry if I piss anyone off with the newbie post. Help and I won't bug anymore

2. colw

colw Active member

Shrink does not burn in its own right - it requires a thrird party program such as DVD Decrypter or Nero to burn.

Download one of the guides available from this site for settings and preferences.

3. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Hello lenell, quite a few people getting rid of dvdxcopy for dvd shrink this week. Dvd shrink need a burn engine.Shrink does take off the copyright,takes off extra crap to help fit it on a 4.5 gig disc,and has extra quality enhancements for those dvd-9 movies on 1 standard disc.3 burning engines will work with dvd shrink: nero,dvd decrypter, and dvdtocopy "i think". Dvd shrink and nero are all I use but there are many different combinations out there.I have not tried dvdtocopy.Dvd decrypter is free, and you can get a free trial of nero for 30 days. Hopes this answers your question and happy holidays.