1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trying to transfer 3 hours of video onto DVD

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by iani, Sep 8, 2004.

1. iani

iani Guest

Can anybody help please?

I have a newly purchased Leadtek Winfast PVR2000 video capture (supports MPEG2 card a new Lite-ON dual layer DVD writer. I have hooked my VCR up to the video card.

I want to backup a 3 hour non-commercial video to DVD and need some assistance. The video in question is over 20 years old and would like to get it onto a single DVD (dual layer is OK).

Any suggestions? When I capture at optimal setting the mpeg file is 8-9 Gb but when authored is over 12Gb. Could I then use DVDShrink to bring it back to dual layer size?

2. catdaddio

catdaddio Member

first you should probably find an ac3 encoder for your audio to save space,,i've never heard of a file growin when you author it,,what authoring software you using???also 3 hours of mpeg 2 shouldnt get that big to begin with,,,what are you encoding with??and what settings are you using,,we need to know more about your file and process to help

3. iani

iani Guest

Hi catdaddio,

I have been using/experimenting with the bundled Winfast capture program WinPVR and Ulead DVD MovieFactory 3 that came bundled with the card.

I specifically bought this card because it could do 10-bit mpeg capture in hardware.