1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trying to unbrick psp fat

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by sharptoo, Dec 28, 2007.

1. sharptoo

sharptoo Member

I was reading the how to on unbricking the psp with a pandors battery. In the instructions it say that you need a working psp with 1.5 fw on it for the update file. I dont know of anyone with a psp, where could i get that file at?
    also my understaning of making a pandoras batt is that you just need to remove the 5th leg off the epprom. And then it should work...

As well how would you back up the epprom, incase you wanted to revert the batt back to normal? thanks

2. Crazykid3

Crazykid3 Regular member

You can find the 1.50 EBOOT.PBP here. When you say remove the 5th leg off the eeprom, what your talking about is opening the battery up to manually create a Pandora Battery. If your running official Firmware, then at that point you cannot backup your eeprom. But that is okay. To revert the battery back to normal, flip the switch back to its normal position and it will be a normal battery again. Should you run into complications, once you have custom Firmware, there will be a Battery Creator app (if you created the memory stick properly). Run this app and it will change the eeprom to normal without a backup. Hope this helps.

3. sharptoo

sharptoo Member

Yea, im talking about opening the batt manual and pulling up that leg on the eeprom. I was trying to downgrade the firmware and i must of used the wrong down loader. (generic one when i think i have a diff type of mother board ver 2.71). So that where im at. with a black screen and will not even go into recovery mode.
    So yea making the padora batt manual and using the 1.5 updater should unbrick it.

4. drakex

drakex Regular member

Just take the picture as your guide.

[​IMG]

5. sharptoo

sharptoo Member

So when i go to the pandora batt, in the service mode can i transfer the 1.5 to the memory card still? or create a magic stick?