1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

trying to understand 3.03OE-C

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by heafff, Feb 3, 2007.

1. heafff

heafff Member

I am not new to modding consoles but I am a little confused about my psp. I got 3.03-C installed and got a homebrew chess game going but I want to back up my UMD games on my 4G mem stick. I have been doing a lot of reading forums and can't figure out if I have to install fastloader v.7 to play ISO's but I can't get the smiley face icon to show up under mem stick....all I get is 2 corrupt data icons. I would really appreciate any help...you guys really seem to be on top of this stuff....thank you before hand for any shared knowledge!

2. powerwhee

powerwhee Member

For firmware 3.03 oe-c you do not need fastloader or anything like that. All you have to do is make an ISO folder in the root of your memory stick. so it would go in MS0/ and the put ISO in there. Once you have the folder, you can just dump ISO'S in there.

3. heafff

heafff Member

ok...i see...I really appreciate that...I was also under the impression that the firmware would change more things on my psp....like the icons and things....but I am reading that you have to do that with another program? I was also curiose....when I go into safe mode with the right trigger and change the kernal it doesn't change under the system software is that right?

4. hexitnow

hexitnow Active member

no it wont show a change there.

5. heafff

heafff Member

Ok I see....so it really just does a lot of changes behind the scene completely...very interesting.....I am very impressed with you guys and your knowledge and DarkAlex must be some kind of genius....I would say he should get a job with Sony but then I wouldn't have so much fun with my psp...thank you guys....I really want to ask more but it's so fun to learn...are there any home brew apps or games anyone would recommend to get?

6. heafff

heafff Member

I was also wondering does the 3.03OE-C play CSO's.....and if not how can I change them to ISO's...also if I were to download a game and it had a bunch of files can I change that into an ISO and if so with what? I have read a lot of forums but nothing seemed to add up to me?

7. hexitnow

hexitnow Active member

yes u can play ISO's on 3.03 OE-C. Winrar recognizes ISO's as a compressed archive and places it's icon over them. So make sure u dont extract the iso.

8. heafff

heafff Member

Your are a smart one....that didn't even cross my mind....I had 3 ISO's that did that and I tried for like 3 days to figure it out when I didn't have to do anything at all...thank you!!!!

9. heafff

heafff Member

I am having trouble playing doom v5 for psp...I can get it to the black screen but then what....everything I select just shuts down my psp? hmmm....

10. hexitnow

hexitnow Active member

try booting ur PSP into recovery mode, switch the kernel to 1.50, and then place the homebrews in PSP\GAME and retry.

11. heafff

heafff Member

I have been in 1.5 and it says PNAMES not found on the black screen with text....read a lot of posts but they haven't really helped...not sure what to do..?

12. hexitnow

hexitnow Active member

hmm could be that version. try an earlier release.

13. heafff

heafff Member

I tried the version 4 and it still does the same thing......it says to put my WADs into /PSP/GAME/DOOM/WADS but where are the WADs...there isn't anything in the WADs folder but PWADS which is empty and arsenal.deh is this right....and if so on the black screen what one do I use as my main and what not?

14. hexitnow

hexitnow Active member

u might have to create the WAD's folder and download the WAD's.

15. heafff

heafff Member

Hexitnow I really appreciate your time and effort....I just now realized I had to have my own WAD files from DOOM....I have every copy of DOOM on my old PC.....what exactly are WAD files and I guess I'll just have to download one?

16. hexitnow

hexitnow Active member

on problem at all. its all fun and games for me :). anyhow u might be able to google the .wad files and download them.

17. heafff

heafff Member

All set....hopefully one day I'll get to your level with the psp but I have been googlein for WAD files and I am getting a lot of DOOM wad file sites that say they have these files but I can't find them....any pointers or sites that have them....and what are the WAD files....maps or something like that?

18. powerwhee

powerwhee Member

You need to have your own wads, which you put in the wad folder. You can just google Doom 1 Wad, or Doom 2 wad, and download them. And Pwads are like custom mods, which work in conjunction with the original doom wads.

19. hexitnow

hexitnow Active member

i know one of the doom packages at psp-hacks.com has a doom wad. they also have quake, hexen, counter strike, and duke nukem wads.

20. heafff

heafff Member

You guys are awsome....you totally said "let there be lite" for me on a lot of this....I am tryin and tryin to find these wads...with no luck....should I just bitorrent them or what....they can't be very big if there the original doom files....but what the hell why can't I find them....I went to psp-hacks and they talk about it a lot but no downloads....same with most sites dedicated to doom wads....am I retared?