1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

trying to upgrade 2.71 se-a to 3.52m33- 4

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by tnotch, Oct 6, 2007.

1. tnotch

tnotch Member

hey guys, i've been reading alot of the threads and here's my problem

i have a phat 2.0 psp, i downgraded to 1.5 firmware, then one of my friend helped me upgrade it to 2.71se-a, i have devhook 0.44, i know its old but i only use my psp on certain games that didn't need to be upgrade above 2.71 se-a.
    I found the links how to upgrade 1.5 to 3.52 but after reading few post from senior members http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/569454 but i found out that i didnt really have 1.5 firmware, i have 2.71se-a firmware but with the help of devhook can emulate 1.5 firmware (almost bricked the damn thing)...correct me if im wrong but when i turn off my psp and turn it back on, its still firmeware 2.71 se-a so it is 2.71, i still can't find how to downgrade to 1.5, then upgrade to 3.52m33 then from there to 3.52m33-4..now from reading the post here, most members say thats the best custom firmware (3.52m33-4) is there a reason once i do that i need to downgrade to 1.5 if i dont really use homebrew games?
    thanks for all the advance help

2. kikzm33z

kikzm33z Regular member

re-flash it dude, click here.

3. tnotch

tnotch Member

thanks man i appreciate that, so let me get this right before i do it, the reflashing is for Semi brick recovery to 1.5 and to Downgrade a custom firmware OE to 1.5 right?, from then on, i should jus upgrade it to 3.52m33 then 3.52m33-4, does the last one work with the psp if im trying to use the usb to play a game off the pc, cuz i heard it got iso loader too

4. kikzm33z

kikzm33z Regular member

Last edited: Oct 6, 2007
  5. tnotch

tnotch Member

thanks again, i'm about to do it after work, my last question was i play some iso games through usb, pc to psp, i wanted to know if the 3.52m33-4 firmware have that ability, let me know if you know anything about it, thanks again

6. tnotch

tnotch Member

hey, i downgraded and then upgraded to 3.52m33, but having a lil problem upgrading it to 3.52m33-4,

on the step 3

# Open STEP 3 folder and then copy M33Update4 folder to mso:/PSP/GAME150. On your XMB menu go to GAMES > Memory Stick then execute the update. After the update you will be back on the XMB and you now have 3.52 M33-4 PSP. Delete the M33Update4 folder from mso:/PSP/GAME150. From the STEP 5 folder, copy the seplugins folder to the root of your memory stick.
    # Turn off your PSP then turn it on again while pressing the R button. This will take you to the recovery menu. Go to Plugins and enable popsloader by pressing x. After enabling it, go to back and then exit.
    # Enjoy your PSP 3.52 M33-4!

when it says put the folder M33Update4 to mso:/PSP/GAME150, i don't have GAME150 icon, i only got the GAME, so it kept saying game could not be played, i even tried to create a GAME150 on psp directory, still didnt work

7. larrylje

larrylje Active member

You should format the Memory Stick after upgrading to 3.52 M33 custom firmware.

This will create the GAME150 folder.

If it doesn't create the GAME150 folder then you updated to 3.52 M33 incorrectly.

Go to System Settings then System Information and make sure it says 3.52 M33 under system software.

8. tnotch

tnotch Member

hey, i formatted before and i formatted twice now, and the GAME150 folder was there, i upgraded it successfully, thanks

9. svtstang

svtstang Regular member

Larry for the win ;)

10. guano

guano Regular member

It's cool to think someone liked SE-A so much, they never left it. It reminds me of the time when I was still on DevHook v0.44a when everyone else was on like v0.57 or w/e. :D

11. tnotch

tnotch Member

i know i been using it for a long time now, then i got some games and needed to upgrade it, if it wasnt for that, i dont think i would have upgrade it till later on, even though i know i was really late on updates

12. guano

guano Regular member

Hey, whatever works. It took me forever to even leave 3.03 OE-C. :) But 3.52 M33 is TIGHT. I haven't messed w/ 3.71 M33-2 much yet, but I'm about to start on Monday or Tuesday, when I get my slim in the mail. :D Should be as good as 3.52... I know it's just as hackable, so that's cool. It's just that it's more of a pain in the ass b/c Sony are still trying to stop us from running the really cool hacks.

13. tnotch

tnotch Member

hey, but its only a matter of time till its fully hackable,let me ask u something, im playing a game via usb, but it keeps on freezing ever since i upgraded it, is it because the game is somehow defective or this sort of things happens, my other games only froze once and while, this one which is fifa, i can't finish a game