1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

.ts files

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by donkylegs, Jan 23, 2005.

1. donkylegs

donkylegs Member

I recently came across some .ts files I am assuming they are some sort of compression files as the location I received them from usually gives me .rar files witch can then be joined to make video files. Does any one know how to use or extract .ts file. I hope im not in the wrong forum if so I apollogize

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

.ts files are Torrent files and you should bebale to use win-rar to extract them.

3. larrylje

larrylje Active member

im almost positive this is what you have search on the web for Torrent files and read up.

4. donkylegs

donkylegs Member

ok so likely this is the wrong forum but I found out the files are transport stream files but there are like 60 of them and I can open them all at once on the computer with vlc media player and it cyles from file to file and plays with short pauses between each one. does any one know how I can join them into one large file and posibly convert them to mpeg or something I can get on a dvd.

5. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

I'm not 100% sure but I belive Virtual Dub will do the trick :)

6. sgiles

sgiles Member

They are MPEG-2 files (usually 720X576). I am using a mac, and to join them I use “ffmpegX”. Maybe you can find a windows equivalent.