1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TS VIDEO , FOLDER ? BURNING

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by macca2278, Oct 11, 2004.

1. macca2278

macca2278 Member

i have downloaded a film which was already made into a dvd-r , i think from i vcd or something so the video ts folder is on my hard drive i have followed 1 guide on here with nero but when i add all my vob and ifo files etc it all comes to a total of aprox 1000mb which is not very much onto a dvd-r . and ofcourse it wouldnt play on my dvd player i would like to know which file i need to maybe make it into an iso image and burn it that way does any1 know how and what i need to do . the biggest file i have in the folder is 1,302,504kb ( 0.98 gb)

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Welcome macca2278,

I'm not all that sure what you mean, a better grasp of English would help. I'm not sure why you don't want a VOB file to burn. If you had all of your files in a properly named folder VIDEO_TS folder, written exactly like that, in CAPs then Nero Classic will definatly burn it.

Your statement,

Sounds like a complaint about your player not the burn.

Changing to an ISO burn won't help if your player remains the same (Unless youi didn't process the files correctly).

If you don't process the ISO correctly, it won't play either.

Anyway, here's the right way to do the VIDEO_TS folder (you still have to name it correctly).

A guide for burning with Nero 6 Burning ROM

A 30-day, free, fully functional Nero 6 download can be had here:
    http://www.nero.com/us/631939541422774.php

BURNING WITH NERO CLASSIC
    HINT:
    First, create a folder for your work on your desktop OR your HD. - Name it something that you'll be able to find. I named mine C:\All My DVD Work\\The Last Samurai sings Swami (off key). Now load your IFO, BUP and VOB files there - make sure they are in a folder named VIDEO_TS written like that (all in Caps) - some programs like DVD Shrink will make the properly named folder for you, others you must make the folder yourself - Nero needs that folder with all it's contents in order to work properly -

OK then, is everyone comfy ? Good - its now time for - -
    "Uncle" ScubaPete's Step by Step, Let's burn with Nero 6 Guide -

First - Do not use Nero Wizard -
    Please follow EXACTLY -
    When you open Nero Burning ROM, you will be at the "New Compilation" window. Directly under the title "New Compilation" is a choice block to choose either DVD or CD, choose "DVD". Directly under that click on the "DVD Video Icon." Then click "New" in the upper right corner of that screen, NOT the main screen.
    You now are in the "DVD Video" window. In the left screen, click "VIDEO_TS". In the "File Browser" screen, 3rd from the left, trace your path to the VIDEO_TS folder, the one you made earlier holding all of your files and click on that folder. All of your VIDEO_TS files are now opened in the right screen. Click on the top file, hold down the "Shift" key and then click the bottom file thereby hi-lighting the entire column of files. Click and (holding the left mouse button down) drag the entire column of files to the open screen, second from the left and release the mouse button.
    Now click the icon on the task bar that shows a match on a disc, and then click "OK" and now, clear the room, stand up tall and shout out, "Burn Baby, BURN" ! One more time, let me hear you say it, "Who's your Daddy Now ???"
    Guess what my Friend ? You are done !!!

If you wish to convert your files to an ISO image AND again, you have the folder correctly, Use DVD decrypter -

Download DVD Decrypter -

Here's the link for the newest DVD Decrypter -

http://www.dvddecrypter.com/

Open DVDVDecrypter go to "Mode," then "ISO" and then choose "Write". Now we go to "Source" and locate our folder where our VIDEO_TS folder resides. Then, let's head to "Destination" and select our burning drive where our blank DVD disc awaits. Lastly, we "Click" the HD to disc icon and STAND BACK FROM THE COMPUTER ! It's too late in the game to want to make a **coaster, isn't it ?
    Your PC requires more resources while it's burning than at any other time. The only other thing that requires that much of your PC's resources is the encoding of your DVD. To copy a DVD successfully it's only necessary to use a decent grade media and to let your PC do its "thing" without your interference -
    until we hear the "Finished tune".

*DO USE RiData, Sony, Ritek G04, Verbatim DataLife Plus or media boasting "Advanced AZO Dye. All other media could very well cause errors, only the very best media should be used for DVD Video backups. Now is defiantly not the time to put your crappy cheap stuff in - )

**Coaster is a single-write DVD that for one reason or another hasn't been burned correctly and therefore cannot be played. Its only use is for a beer coaster. NOTE: It is illegal to use a DVD coaster for any other drink but beer.

Thanks for stopping in and remember,
    When you want Guides with a personality, shop ScubaPete :p)

Cheers,

Pete

Let's remember to stop back and let us know how you made out :)