1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TS_Video to Blu-ray disc?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray players' started by vincevega12, Feb 15, 2011.

1. vincevega12

vincevega12 Member

Hello I was wondering if it is possible to use the TS_AUDIO and TS_VIDEO folders to make a blu-ray disc for similar playback on a blu-ray player. The two paragraphs below just provide further detail as to what I'm actually doing. My final question, summed up, that I'd like answered is at the bottom of my post.

I take a lot of my tv shows that I have (formats include .avi .mkv .mp4) use a converter program to convert each file (episode) into a .vob. From there I use rejig to demux a whole seasons worth of .vob files into a single .m2v and .ac3 file (a video and audio file). Then I multiplex the .m2v and .ac3 to create the TS_AUDIO and TS_VIDEO folders which are burned to a dvd for playback in a standard DVD player.

Sometimes the size of the TS folders is a bit above the 4.7gb of a dvd..or a lot above unless I drastically reduce quality or force myself to burn multiple dvds.

I would like to create TS_AUDIO and TS_VIDEO folders roughly 25gb or 50gb to house an entire series. If I do this could I in turn somehow burn this to a BD-25 or BD-50 in order to get it all on one disc for playback on any blu-ray player?

2. 8686

8686 Member

I am wondering this myself. Doctor Zhivago is too big for a DVD DL disc. But if I can throw the Video_TS files on a BR disc.....