1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-H552D Not Working After Aborted Vista Upgrade

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by jimbeaux, Jan 19, 2007.

1. jimbeaux

jimbeaux Member

I recently went to a MSDN Event here in Atlanta and recieved a Vista RC1 disc. Before I upgraded, I succesfully burned some inportant files to a cd. Since reinstalling WinXP, my DVD-+RW does not work.
    It does not read CDs or DVDs. If I put a autoplay disc in it, nothing happens. If I open the drive with a disc in it, nothing will show up. I can copy files to the drive, but if I put a writeable disc in the drive, and click "Write these files to CD", I get to Name the CD, and then I get an error message that tells me that the disc in the drive is not a blank disc and I am asked to insert a blank disc.

This is not an issue of CDs, I am using the same CDs as I have always used with no problems. The drive worked fine before the Vista incident.

Any help would be hot.

2. samuraicb

samuraicb Member

I know someone else that had this problem, I believe it has something to with a registry key, however after doing a lot of research my friend was unable to find this key - he gave up and reinstalled xp and it works fine now.

That might be a bit tiresome for you, as you have just installed XP but if all else fails its worth a try