1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Turn subtitles on by default

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by taylor30, May 26, 2007.

1. taylor30

taylor30 Regular member

Is there any way to turn the subtitles on by default for movies like Apocalypto and Letters from Iwo Jima? I would like to have the english subtitles come on automatically rather than having to hit the subtitle button on the remote.

Last edited: May 26, 2007
  2. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

lol NO you will need to turn them on using the remote. i mean whats so hard about that anyway

3. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

4. S2K

S2K Regular member

Let's at least try and give some good advice. If you havent bothered to read any of the help pages on sdvd shrink then don't answer.

The answer to the OP's question is YES.

IN re author place your cursor over the title and right click.
    go to: "Set Default Streams"
    In Subpicture "Display the following subpicture stream".

In the case of apocalypto you want the second english subtitle track. the first is hearing impaired, it will include things like "loud noise" "laughter etc". that is for the deaf. the second track is a simple translation of the mayan. the third is the directors comment.

same method for iwo jima.

also you can and should use this in reauthor for films that have partial foreign language where users can unwittingly effectively strip out small partial subs bu inadvertently unforcing. for example on kill bill type films with a scattered use of foreign language where the orignal would force subs at that point.

5. dvdlover7

dvdlover7 Guest

very interested topic! i should do this for chinese movies with very bad english audio,,,