1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Turning Mainboard over

Discussion in 'PS2' started by XxMM818X, Jan 10, 2003.

1. XxMM818X

XxMM818X Member

Can someone please tell me how 2 turn the ps2 main board over so i can put the bga clip on it. I have a v7.

2. SomeGuy01

SomeGuy01 Guest

I'm assuming you have removed everything else already. If not read this pdf...

http://www.modchip.ca/install/ps2/general/ps2apart.pdf

Once you are at the mainboard, from what I can recall, you need to remove some ribbon cables. Some of the ribbon cables have a tab on them that you can use to jiggle them out of their sockets. The other ribbon cables are attached to a beige and brown connector. you need to rotate the brown part of the connector, like lifting the hood of your car, to release the ribbon cable.

3. kingfelix

kingfelix Member

There's gotta be more to it than that. Even after removing all the ribbons and flipping the mainboard over, there's a metal sheild covering the entire underside of the board -- and I can't figure out how to take it off. It seems to be RIVETED on there!
    How am I supposed to solder the BGA clip board on with this thing in the way?
    I haven't found any manuals that even mention this issue.

Can you help me out ?

Thanks

4. newbee101

newbee101 Regular member

how do you disconnet the eject button? and where from the board or the button?