1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Turning off the wiikey and LED light

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by ninmantis, Aug 31, 2007.

1. ninmantis

ninmantis Member

I've been having a heck of a time trying to get my wiikey to work again. I can't tell what is wrong with it. I was reading the description on the wiikey from one of the sites that sells them and it says this:

"Not only is the WiiKey easy to install, but this ModChip also has amazing features including Stealth Mode, the ability to play both WII and Gamecube backups, GameCube homebrew and imports. The WiiKey also has an optional LED to let you know when the Mod Chip is ON or OFF"

I got a little chip in the mail but I wasn't sure what it was for. I haven't seen any diagrams on the install and I have a feeling it has something to do with the LED. Anyhow if anyone knows how to install the little chip or they know about it could you put on a picture of some sort or an explanation of how to install.

Secondly if the wiikey can be turned off, please tell me how cause I'm clueless. Thank you in advance for your help.

2. ninjapath

ninjapath Regular member

The wiikey can't be turned off. Not without buying a separate off/on switch programmer.

3. heatscore

heatscore Member

I don't know where you got that info about the Wiikey, but that's pretty close to the description of the CycloWiz V2

ConsoleSource.com says:

4. ninmantis

ninmantis Member

The description actually came off counselsource.