1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Turning off Wii motes?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by SporkNin, Feb 1, 2007.

1. SporkNin

SporkNin Regular member

Is it possible to turn off the wiimote while leaving the Wii running? I know I leave my systems running while I'm sleeping, eating, pooping, and etc. I don't want to pull out the batteries everytime to conserve battery life. I know there are times I look up a guide online for a game or take a short break and look at something else.

I just want to know if I can turn off the wiimote somehow without pulling out the batteries or turning off the system.

2. tabletpc

tabletpc Guest

when you turn off the console the console shuts the remotes off but i understand that the wii remotes still take battery power even when they are asleep the only way i can tell is to take the batterys out untill the charge station comes out from nyko this is the only way

3. iwillgetu

iwillgetu Regular member

while i'm playing a game if i just leave the wii remote for a couple of mins the remote turns itself off anyway. then the wii console says something like..... communications with the wii remote lost please press a to reconnect or summat like that.
    it's handy for me cos when i'm playing games i always seem to have to do something or my partner is nagging me to do summat (which makes my blood boil lol)

4. tabletpc

tabletpc Guest

yea i know how that is im glad for the powersaving features in the wii but there are issues with reconnecting afterwards

5. iwillgetu

iwillgetu Regular member

well i have reconnected many times and i have never had any problems reconnecting, maybe it might be either ur wii or ur wii remote?
    or does anybody else have this problem???

6. dazila

dazila Regular member

Nope my wii is on parctically 24/7 even when not in use and I come back push a 3 sec later its connected and im playing a game.

7. iwillgetu

iwillgetu Regular member

I think tabletpc is an attention seeker!!!!

8. dc_bros

dc_bros Member

ya I think so 2...
    every single thread he sees, he post's some fake bull.
    (dam showoff)

9. Kafluke

Kafluke Active member

to turn off the wiimote while playing just hit the house button. It will bring up the screen where you can reset the game or go back to the wii menu. Now go down to the bottom of the screen and click on the wiimote section. when that comes up click on "reconnect". That will turn both wiimotes off. Then just press 1 and 2 at the same time for the wiimote that you want to use and leave the other one alone. you can then hit the house button twice to go back to your game.

you can use this trick to also swap the wiimotes from 1st and 2nd player.

10. SporkNin

SporkNin Regular member

Interesting, will have to try that after I fire up my wii tomorow.