1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

turning the spedd of your drive down

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by xbladex, Apr 9, 2007.

1. xbladex

xbladex Guest

how do i do this???

2. dvdchick

dvdchick Regular member

do you mean while burning? if so open shrink go to back up and go to burn settings and change in burn speed , i hope this what you are wanting..

3. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

This also depends on what program you are using to burn with?

4. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Inside DVD Shrink there's different ways of setting the speed. You set it in the Backup window.

[​IMG]

It helps if there are 2 drives. It's easiest to have Shrink running and set the speed with the recordable DVD recognized in the burner. Speed can be easily set in Shrink when transcoding ripped files from the hard drive with the recordable recognized in the burner. Using regedit the speed can be set in the registry. What's strange is that some drives will allow setting the burn speed with the factory DVD ROM in a drive while other burners will read default settings (Max, lx, 2X, and 2.4X) We went over that in detail in this thread, http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/486147 , I didn't find out the part about some drives not setting the speed with the DVD ROM til the end of the discussion.

I guess the big question is, do you have one optical drive or 2

Burning with ImgBurn, you can put in the recordable before starting the job, set the speed, and then go back to the job with Shrink. ImgBurn keeps the speed setting.