1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Turning TV shows into DVD

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by iceman21, Mar 21, 2003.

1. iceman21

iceman21 Member

I want to tape episodes of Seinfeld off Directv and put them on a DVD. I have a Sony DV camera that I hook up with S-video to the receiver and then dump the video over to my computer on the firewire cable. But I want to know the best way to get them to a DVD so i can make chapters for each episode and also keep them the best quality I can. I have been trying to use Nero and Windows movie maker but All i can get out of it are WMA and AVI files that I can't burn to the DVD with Nero. Any help here please??

2. commwiz

commwiz Guest

Click here -> http://www.nero.com/en/#c1027093248108
    You need the mpeg2/dvd plug in, it's $20. It plugs into the nerovision part of nero and it works well. It lets you chapter and all that. You'll find that it almost doubles the size of the original mpg so if your red "record" button goes shadowy it means the mpg is too big. Also if the extension is .mp2 just rename it to .mpg and it'll work. But the "transcoding" takes hours just like most other transcoders. You might think about buying a video capture card instead of putting your DV camera through all that usage, and it may not process avi's, you may have to convert them. But there's video capture cards for as little as $10-20 on sale at Compusa and other places. (The cheapest ones are mono, though).

3. seamonkey

seamonkey Regular member

the nero encoder sucks..

just get tmpgenc to re-encode captured video and make it dvd compliant (mpeg2) and then burn teh videos with nero (plus nero takes forever).

to author the dvd, use Dazzle DVD Complete (i love it!), it lets you do everything you want to, plus it will also re-encode your video too and let you burn it.

hope that helps
    peace
    seamonkey420