1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tutorial: How to FTP in to your Xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by PimpDawg, Jul 24, 2005.

1. slobkilla

slobkilla Member

[/quote] Now, connect your straight through Ethernet cord into your Xbox, and the other in to a port on the router. Boot up your Xbox. In your settings in your custom dash, make sure that the "Static" connection is turned to "Off", then scroll down and click SAVE.

If the dashboard is not yet on the xbox then how is it possible to veiw the settings of it to turn off the static connection??

2. akromah

akromah Guest

Ok, I am new to modding and FTPing so where to start. My first questionw as asked and answered, but a noob like me dosent understand. Anyway the question was where to turn static off and enable your DHCP. I think that I am looking in to wrong spot. I am not supposed to look in the xbox dashboard correct, but the other program download, (i.e. UnleashX, Avalaunch, EvoX etc). What are these programs and where can I get them.

3. tapsta

tapsta Member

ummmm if you havne't done anything to your xbox, then you have the stock xbox dashboard..where everything is green and you can only play a cd and games...unless you have the dvd pack then you can then play dvds and that's it. The evox, avalaunch and unleashx are just other dashboards you would install over the regular one. By installing one of those other dashboards you can do anything...such as play emulators...store movies on there, games, copy games and such. I recommend you dl slayer's auto installer..that's what I did and it worked nicely. You can find these dashboards all in #xbins. Just search the form on how to get into xbins and you should be set. Make sure you have an IRC program, mIRC works fine, and one of those ftp progams, flash fxp works nicely too.

As for the static question..I'm not too sure myself, but when I was installing the evox dashboard, the static ip was already set to off, so if you're going to use a router, then you should be ok. If you were are going to use the crossover cable method, which I did, you would have to find the .ini file, open it in notepad, and just delete OFF to ON and save it and that's it! have fun and good luck!

4. williep90

williep90 Guest

is a crossover cable a cat5 ethernet cable?

5. tapsta

tapsta Member

no i dont think so...a cat5 is a cat5..thats what you would use to hook up your computer to your modem/router. the crossover cable is strictly for connecting TWO computers together...I think...lol..i'm pretty sure though...you would probably have to go out and buy a crossover cable for about 10 dollars..not much :D

6. shawty

shawty Member

could any one tell me if i can ftp with a softmodd xbox???????????????

7. akromah

akromah Guest

Can someone give me a site where I can get an xbin/new xbox dashboard that i can ftp from. I am going to apply for a slayer's auto installer hash or program or whatever right now. But id still like options, hopefully with unleashx avalaunch or evox. Thanks again

8. akromah

akromah Guest

One last question, do u need a modchip to mod? Because I was reading the Slayer auto installer and it was talking about a modchip, which i dont have. And, if you do need a modchip, is there any other way to mod?

9. williep90

williep90 Guest

thanx much help

10. Fett4Boba

Fett4Boba Guest

OK guys and gals, heres a doosie,
    I have 2 pcs and my xbox connected to internet via router/ all straight, no crossovers.

Router config 192.168.1.1
    PC 1 192.168.1.100
    PC 2 192.168.1.101
    Xbox 192.168.1.200
    Subnet 255.255.255.0
    Gateway for the pcs an box 192.168.1.1

I can connect pc 1 with the xbox via flashfxp and pinging through CMD
    I can read files off pc 1 HD through XBMC
    I can get files from PC 1 from PC 2
    But heres the problem. From pc2 i can ping all ip's
    But I can't connect to xbox via flashfxp
    And the xbox sees pc 2 in XBMC but wont open the files and give a
    ERROR 1073741722 Not available.
    Now I can access internet through XBMC.
    And I cannot access files from pc 2 from pc 1.
    Ivew checked and double checked everything i know. Im far from newb but not close to you guys...And all the firewalls have been diabled..
    So any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks

11. blown528

blown528 Guest

hey pimpdawg i went through the tutorial and when i finally tried to link to my box it said the connection was refused, what does that mean, and how can i fix it?

12. shawty

shawty Member

COULD ANYBODY PLEASE JUST TELL ME IF I CAN FTP WITH A SOFTMODDED XBOX PLX??????????????

13. tapsta

tapsta Member

...yes...yes you can ftp with softmodding...

you know...you could just type in 'softmodding ftp xbox' in google and im sure you would get your answer...

i suggest you search for a thread under softmodding...mind you i know absolutely nothing about softmodding but from what i have read with people saying that manually extracting the game onto your hdd and then making the xiso and then burning it is the only way to backup your games...i would imagine you can ftp with a softmod

14. shawty

shawty Member

thx at last

15. rossward

rossward Guest

hey whats up, thats a great tutorial and all but i use smart ftp because it is free. Well i need help, i can get connected for a few seconds and then it aborts the connection. Do you know what i should do.

16. tapsta

tapsta Member

what are your settings? are you using a crossover? if you are, make sure you set your ip to static :D

17. rossward

rossward Guest

well,when i solve one problem another comes along. I am able to FTP my xbox, but i cant get the emulators that i transfered over to work. Any ideas on what my problem is.

18. tapsta

tapsta Member

hmmm not too sure. but i do remember when i first tired to transfer over my stuff, i made a mistake in doing so cause i didn't use xbox specified emulators..i just used the emulators i had used on my pc for the xbox...as far as i know, that doens't work. Just make sure they are xbox emulators and you should be set.

the roms/isos of your backup games should be the same. possible you are placing the files in the wrong folders? i am not too familar/sure where the roms go and where the emulators go...the way i figured things out was through trial and error. good luck with it =)

19. needmods1

needmods1 Guest

I dont have evo x or any custom dashes so can u tell me where to get them also when i try to connect it says [bold]connection denied[/bold].also can u mod if u have the new updates they put on xbox live

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2005
  20. tapsta

tapsta Member

needmods1: I dont know if you can mod if you have the new xbox live updates...just because i've never been on live once...hahaha i dont know....but i would imagine you can?

the reason why you are getting the connection denied is because you need a dashboard that is not the original M$ that came with your xbox. I suggest you using slayer's auto installer.

To get these goodies, you must have an irc client, i used mirc just because its really common, and you also need an ftp client, i suggest flashfxp, very easy to use and there are extensive tutorials on how to use it. The next thing you need to do is go to the search button here on the forum and type in xbins, you'll find out how to access xbins and what to do with it. xbins has just about everything you'll need to mod your xbox and have fun with it. you can also find slayer's auto installer in #xbins. When i first went there to get it, it just gave me a torrent...if its still the same, then you have to dl it through a torrent client, such as bittorrent or bitcomet. (If you really are a newb to this kind of stuff, trust me, its not hard at all, very very easy to do) Once you have dl that, then just read slayers autoinstaller's manual and you're good to go.

Lemme know how it goes! Or if you need any other additional info. I recently lost most of the xbox sites i had bookedmarked..but they really aren't all that hard to find...the search button up top does wonders!

Edit: Blah here's the link on how to get to xbins :)
    http://www.xbox-scene.com/articles/xbins.php thanks to pimpdawg :)

Last edited: Dec 4, 2005