1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tutorial: How to FTP in to your Xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by PimpDawg, Jul 24, 2005.

1. AUGBOY

AUGBOY Member

I bought a Computer Network Cable from RadioShack. It says Category 5e. Is it suppose to be used for the routher method or the crossover method? I tried to use it as a crossover but it didnt work. Do i have to be connectec to the internet to use the crossover method becasue I only have one port to put it in and I already have a ethernet cord in that port. Also I was wondering could I do it on a computer thats connected to the internet using a wireless adapter?

2. tapsta

tapsta Member

To do the crossover cable method, you do not need to be connected to the internet. You take the crossover cable, plug that into your port that you use for the internet and plug the other end into the xbox. As for the wireless adapter...i think it should work. so as long as your xbox is connected to the internet.

You need a router if you dont have one already. One port connected to xbox, one to pc and the lan port to the modem. I dont know how to do the router method...never really found out....i personally prefer the crossover cable because i rather not have cables going through my house. =)

3. AUGBOY

AUGBOY Member

but do I have the right cable?? it doesnt say crossover cable.. I t says computer network cable

4. tapsta

tapsta Member

iunno...lol check the internet? you're guess is as good as mine...lol go to google and check :) fastest and easiest thing to do

5. mcallmari

mcallmari Member

Hi, I have a 10 year old boy and wants to get xbox live hooked up for christmas. I have been reading info on this but have no idea how to do it or what to buy...... I need a shopping list..... Very direct list do to I don't understand any of this stuff..... We have a hp - windows xp - roadrunner - and xbox. thats all i know. Can anyone help me with my shopping list. I need connectors and cables from what i have read. I don't have time to order items do to my last min. shopping, but can you get these thing at walmart, toysrus? I also see they have starter sets but they only come with headsets not all the connectors you need. please e-mail me becouse i might not find my way back to this message board. mcallmarie@hotmail.com

6. ChutneyD

ChutneyD Member

'ello think I'm being dumb but hey wots new. want to load slayers auto installer2.6 which i've go burn to dvd ok, but cant back up my Cdrive with flash fxp keep timing out
    my settings are:
    static ip. yes
    ip 192.168.1.200

7. ChutneyD

ChutneyD Member

sorry pc crashed.
    ip 192.168.1.200 192.168.1.202
    subnet 255.255.255.0 255.255.255.0
    gateway 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0
    dns 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0
    xbox pc
    played around with both gateways and dns as they were set up n slayers but didn't work. running it with crossover cable with two pcmcia card other one wireless with ip of 192.168.1.103 gateway 192.168.1.1
    new to this thank
    D

8. tapsta

tapsta Member

try running the autoinstaller off of the dvd itself and back up that way. I think thats the way i backed up my c drive before i installed slayers. good luck :)

9. ChutneyD

ChutneyD Member

Worked it out. changed the xbox ip so it wasn't near the wireless one so it didn't get as confused as me. i am running slayers of dvd till i back c drive up. thanks again happy xmas x

10. tapsta

tapsta Member

Happy Holidays to everyone ^____^ and ChutneyD, congrats on working it out. Happy modding!

11. Zamamee

Zamamee Member

i have an xecuter3 win i turn on my xbox it loads flashdios 3.0.1
    hear is every thing it shows
    FlashBIOS 3.0.1
    for help visit Team Xecuter (http://teamxecuter.com/flashbios/)

HDD: ST310014A 3.09 10.242GB
    DVD: PHILIPS J5 3235C

Enable Network Flashing
    Load BIOS from HDD (C:\Bios)
    Load BIos from Disc
    Unlock HDD
    Lock Hdd

i can not ftp to my xbox. i want to enter my xbox hdd so i can move, edit, and chang files i can not ftp to my xbox to install a custom dashboard. if i go to enable network flashing i can conect to my xbox and it gives me the menu to flash my mod chips bios. but i need to get in the xbox hard drive all of the tutoreals ive found say to use flashfxp and ive tried using flashfxp, ipswitch ws_ftp, internet explore, and fire fox. i have also tried unlocking the hdd and connecting but i still cant i used the xapt3r v1.6 to install the mod chip. my xbox is a v1.6 can someone please help

12. Zamamee

Zamamee Member

i have also went to teamxecuter.con but i have found nothing of use

13. peep210

peep210 Guest

do u need a mod chip for loading a costom dash or action replay or something else

in other words the cheapest way to load a costom dash so i can ftp my xbox

14. tapsta

tapsta Member

yes you need a mod chip, no mod chip, no custom dashboard

15. unit3

unit3 Member

alright guys we need some help we're using a router connection and no we're not using any crossover cables. we turned the static off. BUT now we are not showing a current IP address and we get a time out error on FlashXP.

16. slipnsean

slipnsean Member

AVALAUNCH-Related Scenario
    Hey Guys,
    I just made my first FTP(FlashFXP-availalbe on site) using the guide, and alot of reading. I have a moddded xbox(Avalaunch-Executor combo) and using a STRAIGHT patch cable CAT5 off of a Linksys router. I have found out that some of information I was getting was a bit tweaked and each persons xbox and scenarios are different. Here is the tip that got me going. First off I checked all my settings as the guide instructed. But the first success was being able to get online. I was looking in my NETWORK SETTINGS, and got the address that my xbox was puilling up. It indicated the 192.168.0.2 address. I put this address in the QuickConnect box(FLASH FXP) and kept getting a time out message, basically saying I was not making the connection from my PC, to the XBOX.
    But I knew that I was on the right track, because I was able to plug in the Network cable from my router, to my xbox and use the browser installed on my xbox dash called LINKSBOKS. I was able to surf and pull up pages.
    What clued me into the correct address to connect to was, on Dashboard, down on the bottom left of the screen. It shows the time connected to your router/internet connection, and the exact address that worked for (ME) to get my Xbox/PC to talk. I put that address in the quick-connect box on FlashFXP, and entered the user name "xbox" and password "xbox" (do not include the quotes) and boom! I had FTP orgasm! I did it. All was connected, and I was able to look inside my xbox. I hope this helps at least one person out there, if not, keep on reading and trying it all out.

17. rccland

rccland Member

i m using XBOX MEDIA CENTER as my dashboard and i have looked everywhere to try and get help on FTPing my xbox to PC but every forum is using a different Dashboard so can someone guide me through the steps of FTPing my xbox to PC using XBOX MEDIA CENTER. i would really appreciate it.

18. trini22

trini22 Guest

i going to try all this ftp to xbox i was wondering if i have any problems who i can ask i am a bit new to this site...but i catch on fast i understand the whole guide for the FTP to the XBOX...i jus might get some trouble when tryin to get the IP and stuff out of my xbox...

19. tapsta

tapsta Member

rccland..as for using xbmc as your dashboard..haven't heard of it, but hey if that is what you are doing then nice. I am sure that ftping to the xbox should be the same...from what i've experienced through the different dashboards..they are all about the same. just set static ip to yes, use a crossover cable, set your comp to ip 192.168.1.4 and set your xbox to 192.168.1.5 and set your default gateway on both comp and xbox to 192.168.0.1 thats all I do and it works just fine, i leave dns alone, leave it blank for the pc cand 0.0.0.0 for the xbox.

I highly recommend slayers autoinstaller bc its realy easy for beginners. I just burnt the files onto a cdrw (fits nicely and saves a dvd-r) and ran it off of that. I had to initially ftp with the autoinstaller to backup my xbox contents..afterwards I just installed the evox dashboard through the guide...its also on screen. very easy. To find slayers autoinstaller, check out #xbins...just to the search button up top and type in #xbins and there will be countless guides to connect you to it. first you need an irc client, i suggest mIRC and then get something like flashfxp to ftp.

20. trini22

trini22 Guest

wat is xbins all about