1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tutorial: How to setup PSN game share & Official game share request thread *NO EMAIL ADDRESSES or TEXT SPEAK*

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by ooZEROoo, Jan 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ooZEROoo

ooZEROoo Regular member

I've seen a couple of threads for people either wondering if it was possible or how to one up. This is the most secure way to do it that I can think of. Also please take note that this doesn't work with Warhawk and other content can only be downloaded to five total PS3s. So in other words you don't want to give a game out four times for the simple fact that if your PS3 breaks then you will not be able to download it onto your new PS3. I also recommend exchanging IM names or phone numbers or email just to keep in touch while doing this process.

I was a little unclear. You can let a total of 4 people download from you. Once you have reached five this feature gets locked. In my case I let three people download tekken, and 1 have something else. This means that I can't give out anything to anyone else.I can give out stuff just to these four people . If someone deletes something they already download from you they can redownload it from you and it will not count against the 5 people rule.

1.) Write down your current sign in ID and password.

2.) Go under account management and delete all of your billing information if you keep a credit card number on file (this will stop the potential jack*** from purchasing stuff with your credit card to download to his own PS3).

3.) While in account management change your password to whatever and write down the new password. At this point it should be ok to exchange sign in information(make sure you give the person the new password and not the old one).

4.) Now both people will need to create a new user (you will have to keep this user on your system as long as you wish to play the content). After you you create a new user scroll down to Playstation network tab and click on Sign up for playstation network. You will have two options, choose use existing account and enter the opposite persons info. This will sign you into PSN as the other person.

5.) Enter the Playstation store and click on download list at the top right hand corner. This will bring up all the past downloaded content. Choose what you wish to download. Perform the download in background.

6.) While the content is downloading it will be ok to click on your normal user and log back into your account with the new password (make sure the other person is at the same level as you are, this is why I suggest keeping in contact through other means as I said before). DO NOT TURN YOUR PS3 OFF.

7.) Once logged back in to your normal account it will be okay to go back in and change your password back to your normal one and add all of your billing info back in. By changing your password back you will not have to worry about unauthorized use of your account.

8.) Wait for the download to finish then install.

I hope this helps someone. Remember not to delete the user that you created to do this or you will not be able to play the content you downloaded. I suggest even trades. I purchased High Velocity Bowling and shared with someone and in exchange got Pain. Ten dollars for twenty dollars worth of content sounds good to me. As far as I know this is not illegal because Sony would have taken higher measures to prevent this as they did with Warhawk.

Update: Not all games can be shared. Here is a list of known untradables.

1: Warhawk
    2: GT5 Prolouge
    3: SOCOM: Confrontation
    4: Fatal Inertia

Burnout Paradise can be shared

With the amount of scamming going on it is in my opinion that you should take caution with anyone with a newbie status on these forums. People can make an AD account to screw someone over then you will never see them again. Please use caution with new members. no offense to new members we just have to take precautions

After posting this tutorial I have had several people message me through PSN wanting to trade or asking me to give them something.

I do not accept random friend invites nor will I just give anybody something for free.
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2010
  2. AfterDawn

AfterDawn Advertisement

3. yimmmy

yimmmy Regular member

that is sick can this be done with ut3 to ?
  4. ooZEROoo

ooZEROoo Regular member

No. This is done with Playstation store content.
  5. yimmmy

yimmmy Regular member

oh yea i wasnt thinking theres nuthing you can download for ut3 :)
  6. ooZEROoo

ooZEROoo Regular member

For those that couldn't get the GT5 prolouge demo this method will also help in obtaining that since demos are also listed in the download section.
  7. Mr_Pink

Mr_Pink Regular member

This is still legit, right? Sony hasn't abolished this since this post was originally made?

If not, how about sharing some Guitar Hero 3 song packs?
  8. canuckerz

canuckerz Regular member

Yeah I have my doubts about all this game sharing thing too, there is no way they intended it to be used like this.

EDIT: Don't add me to gameshare.
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2009
  9. ooZEROoo

ooZEROoo Regular member

I've been doing this for about a year with no problems. Sony has allowed it to continue. You have to think tha they would have

a.) patched this feature as they did with PS3 proxy

b.)added more security as they did with warhawk

Nothing has changed. It still works as I post this. I believe it was Sony that told us that we would be able to do this. Sony is well aware of whats going on because like I've said many times look at the downloadable version of Warhawk. They locked it down so that a $40 game wouldn't get passed around PSN for free.
  10. Mr_Pink

Mr_Pink Regular member

That's fine by me.

I only just got Guitar Hero 3 this week, which is why I was asking if this sharing was still going on.
  11. mebjolz

mebjolz Guest

does it work for tekken?
  12. lfc505050

lfc505050 Regular member

I have tekkan. I will swap with somebody for a game?
  13. ooZEROoo

ooZEROoo Regular member

Sorry I already have Tekken.
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2008
  14. lfc505050

lfc505050 Regular member

Tekkan is the only game i have from the PS Store, do you think you could let me download your bowling game anyway?

Im completly trustworthy and im wouldnt do anything to your account.
    Im only 15 so i havnt got a credit card to buy my own games lol, i have to rely on my dad.

let me know. cheers
  15. abanks51

abanks51 Member

Which Tekken? Does anyone have Tekken 5?
  16. pqopqo

pqopqo Guest

Does anyone want to trade High Velocity Bowling or Tekken.
    I have Pain, Warhawk Omega Down add-on and Motorstorm Devil's Weekend. My psn is Oriaj96
  17. Daviel100

Daviel100 Regular member

nvm
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2009
  18. Jeff818

Jeff818 Member

does any one have bowling that they wouldnt mind sharing. i will share when i can buy some games. thanks
  19. Jlhfit

Jlhfit Regular member

Hey you all! Get a job!!!! Pay for the lil 4.95 games yourself..... Also if you was smart you wount share you games, First when Sony starts offering bigger and better games on the PSN, I am sure they will crack down on sharing... 2nd you only have so many downloads if you purchased the game..... I can understand if the games where 50-60 bucks, but .99 to 9.99... come on... Thats the cost of a pack of cigs or a "special favor" from a hooker... a really cheap and nasty hooker.... My point is anyone should beable to afford them, specially if you have a PS3... My deaf blind cousin,
    Helen Keller, can afford them..
  20. Daviel100

Daviel100 Regular member

True....he sorta has a point, but still. If you could get those packs of cigs for free, wouldnt you? yeah, so if theres any chance of getting anything for free, Im takin it. Especially since all my money was spent on the damn PS3!!! lol
  21. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

Jlhfit you have to realize some of us sold our houses to buy our PS3's and have no more money left. Not everyone isn't mentally handicapped okay?
    BTW does anyone want to share me their TekkenDR or Bowling for free? I'd also love Omega Dawn, Resistance Map Packs, or any GH3 songs. I can't afford to buy any games, what with me selling the house and paying the mortgage off and all..
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.