1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Tutorial] Install Applecor Theme on 3.71 m33-4

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by mtek, Jan 2, 2008.

1. mtek

mtek Member

Confirmed and working on 3.71 m33-4 , also works on 3.71 m33-2/3 but I cant confirm that as I havent got that CFW

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Download these first

Theme
    ======
    http://www.mediafire.com/?4strtnaysvt

cxmb 2.5
    =========
    http://www.2alien.info/stuff/cxmbv2.5.zip

Before you start if you are running a custom theme make sure you change back to the default theme before starting!!

step-1
    =======
    create a folder and call it cxmb at the root of your psp’s memory stick

step-2
    ======
    put the cxmb.prx (the file you get when you download cxmb 2.5) inside of the cxmb folder

step-3
    ======
    inside the cxmb folder make a folder named vsh and inside the vsh folder make a new folder and name it resource

step-4
    ======
    copy all the .rco files from AppleCor 3.71 M33-2 + Bug Fixed\AppleCor 3.71 M33-2 para TeknoPSP\CXMB\vsh\resource into the resource folder

step-5
    ======
    Create a folder called "seplugin"in the root of your psp mem stick and inside it create a file called vsh.txt(if you don't already have them) and in it write the following "ms0:/cxmb/cxmb.prx"

step-6
    ======
    open your flash0(make sure to back it up first)then copy the .prx files from AppleCor 3.71 M33-2 + Bug Fixed\AppleCor 3.71 M33-2 para TeknoPSP\f0\vsh\module into the module folder inside the flash0

NOTE:to get to your f0: .... go to recovery menu > advanced > flash0 USB and replace the vsh files there.

step-7
    ======
    go to the recovery menu on your psp and under seplugins enable cxmb, after that just exit the recovery menu and you should have the applecor theme installed and working

step-8
    ======
    Copy over the /PSP folder to your MS and select the wallpaper then your done!!!

EXTRAS
    ======

If you dont like the removed text next to the icons , then replace with this in

MS0:\cxmb\vsh\resource\

http://rapidshare.com/files/81379318/topmenu_plugin.rar

to get it back and give you the "M33 Reboot"

[​IMG]

or for the text not overlapping

[​IMG]
    http://rapidshare.com/files/81505462/topmenu_plugin.rar

And for a Firefox logo instaed of the original

[​IMG]

http://rapidshare.com/files/82489691/topmenu_icon.rar

Last edited: Jan 10, 2008
  2. SINdicate

SINdicate Member

the second link isnt working...im trying to follow along as best as i can but when im done it doesnt work (and yes i have 3.71 m33-4) some of the things you go over i dont have on my psp for some reason (i.e. i dont have the seplugin folder, vsh.txt, and i dont see seplugins in my recovery menu). i hope you can help and i appreciate you posting this guide, ive been looking everywhere but no one else has one.
    thanks

3. mtek

mtek Member

sorry link fixed!!

just create a folder called seplugins and pop it in the root of your ms,then in that create a file called vsh.txt...

4. SINdicate

SINdicate Member

when i put the module folder inside the f0 folder it tells me its going to overwrite...is this supposed to happen?
    thanks for all your help

5. SINdicate

SINdicate Member

=/ i dont know why but this just isnt working, when i go to plugins in recovery menu there is nothing there and if i exit and let the psp load up the xmb looks like the format of the applecor one but still has the default icons and all of that (the only thing that changed is that they lined up how to applecor one is)

6. SINdicate

SINdicate Member

i have 3.71 m33-4 btw

7. SuperJun

SuperJun Member

it's seplugins .. not seplugin .. add an s. goto your recovery mode and and scroll down to plugins then enable cxmb.

great job thx =P

Last edited: Jan 4, 2008
  8. mtek

mtek Member

@SINdicate :

As soon as you enable the cxmb in recovery console it will work....make sure the folder is called "seplugins" and is in the root of your MS0:
    You did create a file called vsh.txt and added this line in it

"ms0:/cxmb/cxmb.prx"

If you cant get your plugins working you can copy the contents of /cxmb to f0: and overwrite your existing files ...this will make applecore your default theme ......

9. solonite

solonite Guest

hiya all I was wondering if you can help...I tried to use cxmb and it didn't work other than put the icons down like the applecor theme but on PSP default theme settings so I copied the contents to ms:0 as recommended..which is working well but for some reason why I try to copy sysconf_plugin.rco it says data error and cannot copy - I have tried 2 downloads from different places of
    Applecor 3.71 M33-2 + bug fixed.rar

I am running 3.71 m33-4 would this cause an issue at all?

I copied all the other files to the flash 0 and it works but I cannot access any system changes plus the font isn't quite right.

Any ideas or does someone have a copy of the above file that worked for them?

Many thanks in advance

10. mtek

mtek Member

Im on 3.71 m33-4 and it works perfectly ..The file links are the ones I used aswell...And im presuming "SuperJun" got it working ...other than that I cant really suggest anything else sorry..you did enable cxmb in the recovery console didnt you??

11. SINdicate

SINdicate Member

ok it works now, i had to overwrite so that it would be default, thank you very much for all of your help =D
    although on a small note, the text overlaps onto the icon by just a little bit (when i check free space on my memory card it overlaps onto the icon, other than that works great!)
    thanks again

12. mtek

mtek Member

Glad you got it working!!

BTW I like the overlapping text:

[​IMG]

13. moonmike

moonmike Member

which folder is the root

do i have to make a root folder

14. solonite

solonite Guest

Yea I enabled CXMB in recovery console but all it did was put the icons to the bottom but still using default PSP icons...I copied the cxmb resource files to the flash 0 in the end and it pretty much works except I can't access system settings

15. Kafluke

Kafluke Active member

I deleted the file mentioned

but the text never came back?

16. mtek

mtek Member

17. mtek

mtek Member

The root is ms0:

where MP_ROOT,PSP,VIDEO is!!!

18. SINdicate

SINdicate Member

is there any way to move the text over? XD...i know mtek likes it how it is though =P
    thanks

19. mtek

mtek Member

Last edited: Jan 5, 2008
  20. SINdicate

SINdicate Member

wow that was quick, thanks! =D