1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tutorial - Make Your Nintendo Wifi USB Connector A SoftAP

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by kcajblue, Sep 4, 2006.

1. bear345

bear345 Member

This might seem lame, but i had a problem with the instructions from the start. Tried to watch the video,but it was no longer available.

At Step 1)
    Do you mean to uninstall the software that came with the USB Wifi?
    Its only one program right? Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector program. Would uninstalling that also get rid of the drivers you said to uninstall? If not, what are the files,and where would I find them?

At Step 2)
    Inside the Drivers folder of the RAR file, you will find modified Buffalo drivers. Install these drivers for the USB Connector...

You haven't said where these driver files should go. Maybe its common knowledge to everyone since no one else has said anything, but I'm lost! What do I do with the 5 files in the "Drivers" folder (AIFILT.sys, bfaifilt.sys, NETU2G54.INF, RT2500.CAT, rt2500usb.sys).

I'm dying to get my PSP onto the net, if you can help I will sell you half my soul. :p

Thankyou

2. momkey78

momkey78 Member

Watch the video

3. momkey78

momkey78 Member

Code:
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XCSFNK20
    Watch the video

4. bear345

bear345 Member

Im having trouble with this... is it because my laptop doesn't have a wireless card?

5. 1infinity

1infinity Member

it tells me I need a wireless lan card... do I?

6. thetobbit

thetobbit Member

please kcajblue can u find out how to run this on vista? because i get the same error "0xc00005 (or something" when i try to start up the asus control center

7. Alix1723

Alix1723 Member

I need some help getting this to work, for some reason the Asus WLan card utilities won't pick up on my adapter, even though I've got it installed and ready and my PC recognizes it as the "BUFFALO WLI-U2-KG54-YB Wireless LAN Adapter".
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

I'm desperate to get my iPod on WiFi, half the stuff is based entirely on it. Any help would be greatly appreciated

8. RDSR

RDSR Member

Is there a way to connect my ipod touch to this? i see it as a wifi but it wonder connect for some reason.

9. RNC4evr

RNC4evr Guest

Hello, I have an air card, wireless router and of course a nintendo ds, my question is, has any one tried this tutorial with the same set up as mine and how did it work out for you??

10. mitch156

mitch156 Member

i seem to have a problem with enabling encryption/MAC filtering. Whenever I try it, none of my systems will connect to it, when I use my laptop it just says "waiting for network" over and over. Please help?

11. Peanut_C

Peanut_C Member

hi

i have been trying to hack my nintendo usb wifi conector for a while with different programs.

i tried this way to make it a softap but it the Asus program came up with a error message saying "Cannot copy driver to system directory." when i tried to make it a softap. the strange thing is that i have already copied the driver (C:\Program Files\ASUS\WLAN Card Utilities\Driver\WinXP\AP\rt2500usb.sys) to (C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers) but the Asus program dosen't like it.
    Please help

12. hujsh

hujsh Guest

G'Day all. I'm looking trough this thread to find an answer but it's bloody long.

I've followed all the steps so I can use the Nintendo Wi-Fi usb for my PS3 and I'm almost there. I receive a dns error 80710102 when i check the connection to the internet. All other forum browsing of this problem has given me no suitable answer or explanation so I'm wondering if someone here can help me. It will be much appreciated.

13. hujsh

hujsh Guest

Oh Btw I'm using 192.168.0.11 as the ip and 192.168.0.1 as the DNS (although i've tried using many different suggested DNS numbers)

14. JDK1

JDK1 Member

okay well i did everything in the quide and i thought i had it working but i keep getting this dang error! i keep getting error code #:52100 "This error is usually caused by an issue with your router settings such as transmission rate" i tried turning off my security but nothing. i also tried with my PS3 but i still cant get it to work it just sits there and says "connecting" and i let it sit for 30 mins and nothing. i dont know what to do, someone please help me. also im running Trend Micro Internet security and Windows XP. -Wes

15. JDK1

JDK1 Member

okay well i got it mostly fixed. i can access it through everything but my PS3. i can get it on my PSP, DS, and even ipod. i enter everything manually and to the exact same as what it says on the PSP. it says succeeded for the ip adress but then i get a dns error 80710102 just like hujsh. i have tried tons of different DNS adresses but nothing. please help me. -Wes

16. Ray79

Ray79 Member

Hello everyone.

I'm new to these forums and just happened to stumble upon this softap program while I was searching for a way to get my Nintendo USB wifi connector to work for my PS3.

I've tried out the steps and the first problem I came across was while trying to install the drivers, after having deleted the nintendo software, the computer would not recognize the gadget as the BUFFALO adapter, so I tried again and eeventually through hardware wizard had it recognized as unknown USB device as well as Nintendo USB wifi connector, but in the list of manufacturers for network adapters BUFFALO was not listed.

I made an attempt of installing it as "Nintendo USB wifi connector", installed driver from the rar download, but it would ask me for a driver "rt25usbap.sys" that it said came in the CD, so I looked around in system 32 drivers and found it there. Now, when I installed it, everything worked fine with a few variations in the ASUS setup, like on of tehe unneccesseray install wizards not popping up. Then I noticed that on my list of network connections the adapter didn't appear as wireless, burt as a regular connection.

I uninstalled everything and started from scratch again, sure that I installed the drivers wrong. So I looked around on some other forums with this same topic and one of them said to rename the driver that came in the rar file "rt2500usb.sys" as "rt25usbap.sys" and install it like that. So after doing so I installed ASUS exactly as the video said and everything looked fine up until step 6. The problem was that when I tried to switch to softap mode, after clicking apply, the settings would look like they changed to softap mode but then in a few seconds reverted to station mode. In the video I noticced that kjacblue's wireless connection worked fine but in mine it said not connected. Also, when I hover my mouse over the ASUS Wlan icon on the system tray it says not connected.

I know this is al lot of information but it's all I have to describe my problem. So if someone could please read over this and help I would appreciate it.

17. JDK1

JDK1 Member

WOOOOOOHOOOOOO! i got the DNS error figured out. anyone that gets a DNS error try this. open the ASUS wireless settings window. go to config, then to the access control tab. set the access control policy to accept. then type in your MAC adress in the top little window and hit add. if you dont know how to get your mac adress then do this-

1. On the main menu, select Settings.

2. Select System Settings.

3. Select System Information.

Your MAC address will then be displayed on the screen.

that fixed the problem for me. good luck all! -Wes

18. Ray79

Ray79 Member

Someone please tell me why ASUS won't let me go into Softap mode.

The dongle's conncted to the computer but it's not flashing and on the system tray ASUS icon it says not linked. Could it be that I installed the drivers wrong? Help please! >_<

19. Ray79

Ray79 Member

*bump bump* come on where's kjacblue and wdclean when you need them?

>_<

20. Noxwolf

Noxwolf Member

Hello people! well i finished settign my conection, the video really helps a lot :p

Anyways i really need to know how to use my conection with multyple devices so if anyone have the settings for that, plz email me

noxwolf@hotmail.com

THANKS PLEASE I REALLY NEED IT ;)