1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tutorial - Make Your Nintendo Wifi USB Connector A SoftAP

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by kcajblue, Sep 4, 2006.

1. Ray79

Ray79 Member

Ahh I finally got it to work >:D.

It turned out that I installed the drivers wrong. For all you people who can't identify the wifi stick as buffalo, go to control panel and find the "add hardware wizard". Select that you already plugged in the device, then a list should pop up, scroll down to add another hardware device. Select network adapters, try to find the manufacturer BUFFALO, if it's not there find the Nintendo wifi usb connector and select it. Then click install from disk and browse for a file in the rar download in the DRIVERS folder "NETU2G54.INF" and select that, then the Buffalo adapter should pop up, select it and install the drivers in the rar. The wifi stick will be installed correctly and there should'nt be any problems from there on!

Ahh and if you do all that then the lousy "rt25usbap.sys" problem won't come up.

Many thanks for the great tutorial kjacblue. :D

2. Ray79

Ray79 Member

Btw, for those of you who get dns errors on your PS3's, go to www.openDNS.com, make an account, and when you're finished they will supply you with a working DNS. Go to the properties for the device you use to access the internet in network connections, scroll down the list and higlight "Internet protocol[TCP/IP]. Then click for it's properties, and instead of using an automatic or any other dns use the one the website provided. I've had no further problems using the softap since then.

3. JGrafix

JGrafix Member

Hey everyone. I just wanted to say that this worked out perfect for me :)

4. JDK1

JDK1 Member

AHHHHH! well i had this thing working great for a while then almost every time i plugged it in i had to unplug and replug it back in about 2-4 then it was 4-8 then it went up tp 20-40 times i had to unplug and replug it back in because it would flash 3 or 4 times then shut off. then one day it just didnt go on at all. so i reconnected it and went to device manager and it had code 10 so i figured i would try and reinstall the driver, that didnt work so i uninstalled everything for it and tried reinstalling it 3 times and still that damn code 10 error. im getting really pissed off, it was working amazing now it wont work at all. what did i do wrong? please help me fix it! -Wes

5. pfactor

pfactor Member

I use a NETGEAR WG111v3, which is a USB wireless adaptor that I use to get internet on my second home PC. I also happened to own the Nintendo wi-fi connector and wanted to use it to connect my PSP to. I installed the drivers and all worked fine, but when I opened ASUS WLAN Control Center my internet was dropped and my netgear stopped working. I had to do a system restore in order to get everything working again.

So my questions are:
    1)Can I use both the usb devices?
    2)If I can what do I need to do?

6. rockethol

rockethol Member

wierd. my psp seems to be connected cuz my wireless usb recieved connection.
    but somehow i cant connect with my psp to the internetbrowser or a game that have a download content and recieve error.

Ive put the ip adress exactly like the tutorial from my usb.

And for my DS i got error code 52100

please need help.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2010
  7. amTich

amTich Member

I've been reading and searching through the thread and I'm having trouble with step 2 in the guide. I cannot install the drivers under Windows 7 64-bit and I have not found any information in this thread to fix it.

When I right click the INF file to install it simply states that the INF file cannot be installed using this manner. When I use a command line solution, rundll32 syssetup,SetupInfObjectInstallAction DefaultInstall 128 .\NETU2G54.inf . But then I get a message that the installation has failed.

I have been told that this is due to the fact that the drivers are 32-bit which is basicly the same error with Nintendo program.

Mind you, I only want to connect my DS, nothing else, I already have a router, but no access to change it's settings, and they are WPA Personal. I was able to still buy the usb drive and I asked the clerc it it worked and he said yes. So please some help.

8. Xenomeow

Xenomeow Member

Hi everyone,

Im having some problems getting my wifi to go on as a softap. I can find the network just fine, but it wont allow me to connect to it. when i try and config it over to soft ap i get the following error
    [​IMG]

also whats odd is i dont seem to have ics options on my broadband connection
    [​IMG]

any help would be great. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling about 5 times following the directions at the start of the thread

Last edited: May 5, 2010
  9. Albatrion

Albatrion Member

Will this work on vista?

10. bboy25

bboy25 Member

thanks man
    very useful :)

is it possible for it to run when the computer is shut down?
    i know that's a stupid question, but like my computer with lan isn't on at all times.
    wondering if i can use the wireless connection.

11. Wingedellmo

Wingedellmo Member

Hi.

I got it all set up and am using the default setting (not yours) but i can't get it to work. I'm at step 10 and am trying to use my PSP to connect. So i went to the network setup on the psp. the only thing that confuses me is the ip address settings. I don't know what to put in...

ip address ???.???.???.???
    Subnet Mask 255.255.255.255
    Default Router ???.???.???.???
    Primary DNS ???.???.???.???

what do i put in them?

please help. I'd rather you respond to my email at wingedellmo@gmail.com

thank you
    Secondary DNS

12. TehDragon

TehDragon Member

Does this hack work on Windows Seven (7)?

13. TheNGuy

TheNGuy Member

some1 tell us how to make it work on vista! :(
    the program doesnt work, (oxc0000005) error
    PLEASE?

Last edited: Sep 29, 2010
  14. Shardok

Shardok Member

Can't install it on a laptop unless it's wired internet?

I assume that would be the same for a computer right, if so, then why did it install? The only problems I'm having now are getting XLink Kai to work with it, which are probably related, but now it's not even refusing to open...

15. guykild

guykild Member

Man I finally have a psp and can't use my wifi conector but i managed to installed it correctly in win7 x64 although i don't know if its the custom driver, i used something to disable the signature only driver thing so i saw the drivers when i was installing my device. i see its blinking and all how do i use it for the psp? cuz i don't have software for that thing and the asus thing doesn't work.

EDIT: I'm using my wifi conector on win7 x64 as a network adapter 100% I need to use it not for scan but for xlink how do i do it!

Last edited: Dec 7, 2010
  16. jakelera

jakelera Member

Please help when im at step 4 and try to open the Control Center it says "Unable to connect to the wireless lan card. The tray icon will be loaded once the card is inserted. I also sent the rt2500usb to system 32 drivers

Last edited: May 6, 2011
  17. hemant81

hemant81 Member

just wanna no have post the video?looooooool

18. Crucio

Crucio Member

I'm so glad this method is available. The original software for the Nintendo Wi-fi USB is horrible. Everytime I try to switch my ICS to my other adapter for Xbox it would simply not want to reconnect once I was done.

Now its so simple and effective. A couple clicks and I'm back on Wi-Fi. Without having to reinstall the Nintendo software everytime!

Thank you for this!

19. Cheesienachos

Cheesienachos Member

He plz help, i followed all the steps and then when i opened the asus control center it said there was no wireless card plugged in and no wizard came up! Plz and thank you ;)

20. Cheesienachos

Cheesienachos Member

when i open the control center it sais there is no wireless card connected plz help ;)