1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tutorial: making mp3 ringtones

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by arcanix, Jun 26, 2005.

1. ba757

ba757 Member

HELP!!!

hey thanks for the guide i tried it before but i have an old motorola v188 and i dont think it works on that, is there another way. if so please feel free to contact me at beansbrian1986@yahoo.com

2. rjdriver

rjdriver Member

Here's another tutorial for converting CDs to MP3s and then to ring tones, also using Audacity.

http://www.cd2ringtone.com

Bob

Last edited: Jun 25, 2007
  3. DaGerMan

DaGerMan Member

Does this work with Sidekick 3?

4. Freekman

Freekman Regular member

you can make sure that in your prefrences that it is using the right file in mine it was razorLame.exe and not lame.exe

5. kalla22

kalla22 Guest

I think mp3 to ringtone gold is a good choice , just download it at oursdownload.com , I have using it for a long time , it is powerful .

6. jsessa

jsessa Guest

O.K. I’m a little dense. I’ve looked almost everywhere but I can’t figure out how to send a ring tone to my Verizon phone. I know how to e-mail my phone, but when I attach a file, a.k.a. a sound wave I can’t get it to play the sound.

Any ideas on how to get my ring tone on my phone? TIA

7. WierdName

WierdName Regular member

Doesnt you phone have some type of data connection for you computer like USB or bluetooth?

8. jsessa

jsessa Guest

Well the phone does have blue tooth, however I don’t think my computer has a way to interact. I have USB on my computer but is there a USB on my phone? I didn’t see a cable.

I did once, a few weeks ago, did send a ringtone to my phone, but I can’t remember how. I’ve searched the internet but failed to find those simple instructions.

9. WierdName

WierdName Regular member

Maybe you need to change the format of the file you send to the phone through email. And if you can connect it to your computer you would see some type of slot where a plug would go into. It would most likely be something odd looking so you would have to buy a special plug to go into it to hook it up for USB.

10. jsessa

jsessa Guest

Well I just picked up the “Motorola Phone Tools” from my local Best Buys, however what I did not know was the fact that my phone has a file block on it. I can’t transfer any mpg’s to my phone for ringtones.

Anyone have a work around or a “mod” for the phone?

11. WierdName

WierdName Regular member

Why do you need mpg files? Can you just convert the files to mp3 or some other playable file type?

12. Tyler540

Tyler540 Guest

Yes! This has helped a lot!!! But arcanix, just in case if you didn't know, cox cable internet has blocked all of your pictures. So i have no clue what to set for the settings. the settings i use now sound as if the music was played through a pillow and is very low quality(all i did was change the bit to 8 :p). So if someone, anyone could tell me what to set for the settings to get low file size and decent quality, I would Highly Appreciate it!

Thank you for reading!

And arcanix, Thank you for posting!

13. WierdName

WierdName Regular member

Personally, I save my files to 48 bit MP3s and usually get a >500kb file size for some ~30sec tones.

EDIT- "500-" to ">500kb"

Last edited: May 20, 2007
  14. jsessa

jsessa Guest

My mistake, i meant mp3's
    Any way, i once found a site that gave me some access to my phone by sending an e-mail to it. But i can't find that site or how to do that any more.
    Any ideas?

15. WierdName

WierdName Regular member

16. Tyler540

Tyler540 Guest

Hey WierdName. Thanks for the response, But no phones i have seen will open a file over 200kb. My phone sure doesn't. But obviously your phone does, so please share your phone and service. Thanks again

17. WierdName

WierdName Regular member

I have a Motorola L6 and the service is cingular. If you make the ringtones shorter, you could get smaller sizes. Notice that I said mine are usually 30+seconds. The phone usually doesnt even ring that long. A 10-15 sec ringtone should get under 200kb. Just remember to save to a lesser bit rate (I save mine to 48).

18. Tyler540

Tyler540 Guest

ewwww...Nice phone! But i have my ring tones under control now thanks for the help!

19. WierdName

WierdName Regular member

No problem, have fun makin tones.

20. daddy420

daddy420 Member

Can I use any of this on my Motorola RZR V3M ampd edition?

thanks