1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tutorial: making mp3 ringtones

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by arcanix, Jun 26, 2005.

1. LneWlf

LneWlf Member

Maybe its just me, but the pics dont show up for some reason, anyway to reset that?

2. heyyy612

heyyy612 Member

yooo, any other programs that can handle resizing the exported wav files from audacity? for one, the picture tutorials are not up anymore and with razorlame it just wont work, similar problems to others posting.

3. myrawr

myrawr Member

audacity is definatley the way to go for software. There are many alternatives that dont require software...just search google for free online ringtone maker or online ringtone maker and you will find pleanty of online apps to make mp3 ringtones.

4. Almarina

Almarina Guest

Can anyone help me ??? How do i make a ringtone i really dont get it. HELP PLEASE

5. sploider

sploider Member

6. rjman5

rjman5 Member

How do i delete on audacity cant find it

7. FETNU

FETNU Member

Here's a tutorial I recently updated which explains where to download audacity and the lame_enc.dll and then I include step by step directions for creating the ringtone in audacity. I'm still in the process of adding screen shots, but hopefully this can help someone!

http://snow.prohosting.com/gman1025/v400/mp3.html

8. ronaldhes

ronaldhes Guest

Try using www.nakko.com for making your own ringtone.
    Everything is free.

9. CheleCity

CheleCity Guest

I read all through this thread and never saw this question answered. I also have a Motorola phone, an i880. I have no problem creating mp3s and sending them to the phone, but the phone won't allow me to assign these new mp3s (and amr's) as ringtones, only the mp3's that came with the phone. Is there a way around this? Is there some kind of tag or something that says the mp3 was purchased, or 'ok'ed' for assigning?

10. FETNU

FETNU Member

I read on another forum that the audio sample rate can't be more than 8000Hz otherwise it won't work as a ringtone.

11. CheleCity

CheleCity Guest

That didn't help. There must be some flag or something that tells it it is a 'purchased' ringtone. Unless... when you go to the settings-->ringtones the original mp3's are their as well as original .mid files. Maybe in order to be a ring tone the mp3 must be moved to this 'ringer' folder instead of whatever folder it puts it in when one does a generic copy from card to phone. Any program that can 'view' phone memory via usb cable?

12. CheleCity

CheleCity Guest

I finally got it to work with i880. File must be 8000k mono and you have to use webjal not usb cable.

13. NuckNFuts

NuckNFuts Regular member

K, forgive me if this was answered few 100 post bk but I am still slowly reading through it all. I am having trouble sending a compressed mp3 to a certain at&t cell (I will get exact model by next post). I can open it on a Motorola K1M but the size comes in email as say 3kb but once saved to sound (i do not get any options to how to save, it either goes to ringtones if the phone likes it or sounds folder if it doesnt) it opens and shows as now something like 24kb as a ringtone file mp3. This appears to happen wether I email myself a file of 3, 9, or 24kb of the exact file saved in different compressions but saved to cell phone comes out bigger each time.

What other file formats can be used to retain high sounds , yet keep in smaler size once on cell for certain phones that dont seam to have enough internal memory?

Thankx in advance.

14. NuckNFuts

NuckNFuts Regular member

I am not familiar w/ the phone in question but in order to do it cheap or free (if you have unlimited mms service) you need to know if your cell can exccept pix messaging (mms) w/ sound. Then you need to know your cell carriers web server email address such as for example [10-digit phone number]@pm.sprint.com (MMS)for Sprint PCS now Sprint Nextel. Send yourself this audio file to your cell as an email from your pc. Hope this helps. This answer will aplly to many cells that can accept mms pix test. you just need to know your cell email address. To confirm for sure, in new message, send a pix text to your email (counts as text/pix even if you dont have email on your cell just type the email in place where you would put #) and you got it now.

15. evgmih

evgmih Guest

SPAM removed

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2010