1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tutorial: Playing DVD Games with only the Swap Magic CD.

Discussion in 'PS2' started by sunburstX, Feb 24, 2007.

1. sunburstX

sunburstX Member

What you need:
    - CDLoader ELF
    - An USB stick
    - Swap Magic 3.6 CD
    - High TOC (Table of Contents) Original DVD
    - Magic Keys / Slide-card / Fliptop / Straw Mod by Ace_2

I have found a solution to play DVD games with only the cd version of Swap Magic. This could save you some money. It saved me 40 euro and in the end the total costs were 20 euro (+5 if you dont have an usb stick). Well, first get your CDLoader ELF: http://ps2stuff.area-42.net/showpage.php?pid=index&cat=Misc < first download, not the 7.5 version. Save it on your USB in a new directory called "SWAPMAGIC" (without the ""), and rename it to SMBOOT0.ELF. Get your SM CD ready.
    Put it in and wait for it to complete loading. Then, press UP + L1 and it will launch CDLoader. Put the region to your choice (Pal or NTSC, depending on your game). Assuming that you are using a method to swap, press TRIANGLE and open the cover up normaly. Put in a hich TOC original DVD (one that is bigger than the back-up you want to run). Now close the disc tray / cover. Wait for it to recognize the disc and press X afterwards. You'll be presented with a red background and a title: "PUT IN DVD BY EA METHOD". Now, Swap the disc for the back-up and play X. The game should boot-up, Enjoy!

2. ram82082

ram82082 Guest

i tried this right.... but after like 1/2 a sec its goes "ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRN"

does this actually werk? ill mess around with it later but. i just wanted to know if it werked.

thx

3. sunburstX

sunburstX Member

Yeah, I use this everyday. Are you sure you are using A HIGH TOC ORIGINAL DVD? If Not, go find yourself an orginal PS2 game, with a capacity of 4,37 gb (or anything close to that). BTW: Are you Dutch?

4. ram82082

ram82082 Guest

the biggest TOC game I have is Madden 06... 4.22 if i remember correctly. im gonna try the method where you actually burn the cdloader.

no im not dutch y?

5. ram82082

ram82082 Guest

been trying this method sum more and when i hit up+l1 the swap magic screen freezes on the "load program" page????????

6. sunburstX

sunburstX Member

Yeah, am Dutch.
    This should work... try downloading a different CDLoader.elf.

7. ram82082

ram82082 Guest

i've got 2 els one is .98mb the other is 213kb.... both cause the screen to freeze when i hit up+L1. do i have to press anything else?

8. sunburstX

sunburstX Member

Ok, tell me step to step what you are doing. You may be doing something wrong.

9. ram82082

ram82082 Guest

ok thx 4 the help btw

1.downloaded the elf, renamed it SMBOOT0.ELF
    2.place elf into SWAPMAGIC folder
    3.place folder onto pen drive
    1.boot SM cd
    2.@ SM load program screen i hit up+L1(this is where it freezes)

thats as fas as i get

10. ram82082

ram82082 Guest

im good now... went in and up'd the voltage. SM dvd is werking now, loads slow as sh*t though.

11. sunburstX

sunburstX Member

DVD? Or do you mean CD?

12. ram82082

ram82082 Guest

13. soulflyfg

soulflyfg Member

does it have to be an original swap magic cd or doesnt it work with a backup copy?
    thank you

14. sunburstX

sunburstX Member

Of course, it has to be original. Unless you use the Action Replay MAX method, but of course, that beats the purpose. You can buy it at your local gamestores, but keep in mind that general gamestores (That have very much shops elsewhere in the land) do not have Swap Magic. You need to buy it at a special gamestore, or you could buy it online.