1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tutorials

Discussion in 'PS2' started by bearcreek, May 27, 2004.

1. bearcreek

bearcreek Member

Are there any tutorials on ps2 mods? I have modded my xbox and there were tons of tutorials. I have searched the web and this is about the only site I could find with any amount of information. I hate to post new threads with dumb questions that could have been answered by reading a tutorial. Any sites or information are welcome. Thanks.

2. Hanedrick

Hanedrick Regular member

What chip are you wanting to install?

3. protocold

protocold Member

i think the basic line of psx modding tutorials is:

A. find a tutorial on psx disassembly, one i have marked is:
    http://www.psxrepair.com/index.php?page=diss1

B. find the diagram for the particular mod chip you want to install, and you check out the solder points.

other than that... there's an explanation of different techniques of modification on the faq thread on this site:
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/15105

such as using swap discs, flip tops, slide cards, and even mod chips -- which is what originally pops in my head when i hear 'mods' :p

4. bearcreek

bearcreek Member

I am just looking to keep the problems down. I learned with my xbox to read all I could before modding, it saves alot of problems. Do you have to flash the modchip? How do you install a harddrive and play games off of it? There are many questions and I am sure they have been asked a hundred times. I just hate to keep making worthless threads and I hate to look through all the threads to find my answers. The easiest way is tutorials. Thanks for your replies.