1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV as a monitor for AVI movies

Discussion in 'Home Theater PC' started by pablo8397, Oct 21, 2007.

1. pablo8397

pablo8397 Member

Currently using the TV as a monitor, with no problems but when i go to play a movie through either windowns Media player or Nero, i can see the movie playing perfect on the laptop but on the tv nothing, its just a blank screen ???

2. nownthen

nownthen Regular member

Some computers just don't have enough resources to be able to play a video on both the laptop and on the tv at the same time. I'm thinking you'll just have to pick which one you want to watch the movie on.

The easiest way to do it would be to take the computer out of clone mode and have the two displays show something different. Then just drag the media player over to the other screen (usually to the right).

The other option is to just have the tv only activated

3. manzell

manzell Member

Pablo,
    Most laptops need to have the external video output turned on before it will send any data.

My laptop has a VGA and S-Video out; by default nothing goes to them. If I set the video card to "dualview" or "clone" mode, it will send data out; in my case to the TV. then you should see some output; it's just not plug-and-play.