1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tv Episodes

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by shane2006, Apr 3, 2007.

1. shane2006

shane2006 Member

Hi guys,

Great site!!!!

Im trying to burn 3 45 miutes episodes of a tv show onto DVD. The files are in AVI format, so I have encoded them using VSO Divx to DVD software. Then I have backed it up using DVDshrink, fitting 3 episodes onto 1 4.7 gb dvd. When playing back in my DVD player, it doesnt have a menu for me to choose which episode I want to watch.

Can someone please help?

2. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

I'm not sure if DivXtoDVD has a menu creation option but I'm almost certain ConvertXtoDVD does and I know that Nero Vision does. You might want to just try another program.

3. shane2006

shane2006 Member

Thanks for the quick reply!!

So the problem would be when encoding the files rather than shrinking/burning.

I would like to fit 3 episodes onto 1 DVD if possible. So would it be best to use convertx to DVD to convert the files and then DVDshrink to shrink the files and burn?

Is there a box in convert X to DVD that I need to tick to insert a menu? Or does it put one in there anyway? I know nero does, but using nero won't allow me to fit 3 episodes onto 1 DVD, or is fitting 3 episodes onto 1 DVD a bit much?

Thanks a lot

4. LOCOENG

I thought the problem was with the lack of menus...DVD Shrink doesn't create menus, it only compresses what is already there.

Here is old man Pete's guide: http://dvdplusvideo.com/petesguide15.html

I've looked through it and it doesn't appear that he has included the menu creation portion. I could be totally wrong here, but I'm almost certain that the program will make a menu for you. FYI...I've backed up several episodic DVD's and always delete the menu for quality and space purposes and just skip through the chapters until I get the episode that I want...not much of a bother for me.

5. shane2006

shane2006 Member

Thanks mate,

There is no menu to start with, as I have seperate episodes which I have downloaded. Using Nero vision it automatically installs a menu at the start. This is what I am after. So using convert x to dvd should automatically put a menu on when playing back on a dvd player? Or do i need to tick a box?

6. LOCOENG

Sorry, but I don't know...