1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tv for ps3

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by wrules, Nov 26, 2007.

1. wrules

wrules Regular member

i am getting a ps3 for christmas and at the moment i have a 15'' lcd tv in my room. I was wondering what tv should i get? I want a size between 19'' to 25'' hd tv. My budget is £400. Im not sure what tv i should get, can someone help me?

2. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

3. wrules

wrules Regular member

i meant 19 to 26''. Anyway im not sure what hd tv to get becuase some of them have high contrat ratio and some don't. I am also not sure what resolution i should get?

4. vinny13

vinny13 Guest

If you're looking into a HDTV, I don't know too much but for gaming I'd reccomend anything with a fast response time with at least a 10000:1 D/C ratio and a 2000:1 true contrast ratio. That seems to be the average. Anything greater, your lookin' at 2500+ USD. A 120Hz framerate is also a bonus but that jacks the price up at least 500+ USD. Also, make sure that the TV is 1080P because, well, it's the highest def and some PS3 games look amazing in 1080P.

To be specific, I recommend any TV from the Sharp D64 series. In my area, they are relatively cheap with specs that rival 3000+ TVs. They are also very light, very slim, almost all screen and have a 4ms response time which is great for gaming.

Other TVs to look at are rear-projection TVs because they are much cheaper compared to LCDs and Plasmas, and they are also much bigger, usually starting at 50". The only problem with them is that they're viewing angle isn't as great so at a certain point the picture will lose contrast. Oner has a Sony 60" 1080P SXRD Bravia A3000 that has the same specs of a 3000+ LCD or Plasma and only paid 1950 for it. Out of your price range, but you get the point.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2007
  5. wrules

wrules Regular member

i am looking for a tv between 19- 25'' so don't recomend 50'' tvs, but apart from that thanks

6. ooZEROoo

ooZEROoo Regular member

Look into lcd moniters if your planning on using it just for your ps3. The price is cheaper and you get that great picture of a hdtv.

7. wrules

wrules Regular member

8. vinny13

vinny13 Guest

9. Travar

Travar Member

The one who will tell me that they see the difference between 720p and 1080p on a 26" screen from at least 6 feet away is a big liar.

You can see the greatness of 1080p only on a screen of bigger sizes (like 42"+).

I would advise you to get 720p and rather get more inch for your buck than more lines (720p vs 1080p)...

Becuase if you buy a 26" with 1080p you wasted money IMHO. Rather get a bigger 720p for that money. As I said, you'll notice the 1080p difference only if you get a 42"+ display or you play games from 1 feet away (like a computer screen).

10. wrules

wrules Regular member

11. vinny13

vinny13 Guest

12. wrules

wrules Regular member

13. vinny13

vinny13 Guest

Ya whatever, They look the same. That one is the best, although I think you should try and find one with a faster response time(8ms). The faster, the better it is for gaming. Sharp and Sony are good, although they are probably more expensive. If you can't deal with the price, then yes, that Samsung is the best.

14. vinny13

vinny13 Guest

Sadly, this is out of your price range, but this is possibly the best TV you can get. A 100Hz framerate means fast panning across the screen with less judder and with one of the highest contrast ratios on a 26" you get the best picture. I'm not sure what the response time is(not listed) but it's probably about <6. It's also a "fan-favourite".

It's worh a look anyways:

http://www.play.com/Electronics/Ele...26LXD70-HD-Ready-Freeview-LCD-TV/Product.html

*I believe it's 1080P too.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2007
  15. Travar

Travar Member

Sharp is elite, Samsung and Sony are more or less the same. The LCD panels in Sony tvs are made by Samsung. Sony just assembles them and puts in their circuitry (and logo), but in the end it all comes down to quality of display panel.

16. wrules

wrules Regular member

That tv looks awesome but i doubt any 26'' hd tv is going to be 1080p. It is slightly out of my budget but i might save up for a bit longer for it.