1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV has sound but no picture

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by fatleon5, Jan 16, 2008.

1. fatleon5

fatleon5 Regular member

I didn't know where to post this but I think this might be the best section.

I have a little 14" portable TV in my room which I use my PS2, gamecube and VCR on. I have a gold plated scart which goes from the tv to the PS2, also on the gold plated scart lead there is a box which has the red, white and yellow colours on it, which is what my gamecube is connected to, so I can have the GC or PS2 on without having to unplug anything. Finally I have my VCR set up to the RF socket.

I was in the middle of playing a game on the gamecube and the screen went blue (which is the colour of the AV channel on this TV) and the sound was still coming out but no picture. No leads are loose or anything. I've tried changing the channel and stuff but still no picture, it has no ariel for normal tv channels anyway because its only used ofr gaming, also the PS2 or VCR will not display picture either. I've tried leaving it unplugged for a few hours and when I plug it back in and try it again I get the picture but its rolling around and then goes back to the AV screen after about 5 seconds.

I've also tested the gamecube on another tv with the goldplated scart and it works fine, I thought it might be the scart lead but its not so it must be the TV.
    I can't use the VCR scart because its already in use because my brother uses it to tape off sky digital.

Does anyone have a solution to this before I look for a new one?

I dont want to upgrade to some fancy HD either, not yet, I dont have the money anyway.
    I've had a look on ebay for a standard 14" and there really cheap, like £10, but on every one it says collection only, and none of the places are local at all. Also I dont have transport and dont fancy carrying a TV miles home.

Thanks for any help anyway.

2. KMACDON

KMACDON Regular member

If its not the leads or your'scart splitter' I would say at this stage it is possible that its the actual scart sockets on tv