1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV Home theatre setup help!

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by fred1112, Nov 14, 2007.

1. fred1112

fred1112 Member

I have just purchased a Samsung LE46M87BDX 46" LCD TV and a Samsung HT-x250r home theatre system. I want to run these along side my sky HD box.
    My tv has two hdmi ports and a optical audio port. My home theatre has one hdmi out and an optical audio in. My sky box also has a hdmi out and an optical port.
    I want to set the system up so that when I turn my tv on the sound is outputted through the home theatre set up. Has any one got any ideas please on how to connect the leads?
    As a side issue this home theatre system is very tempremental about playing copied dvd's as Samsung appear to have taken attempts to stop copy dvds from playing. I have tried burning onto DVD-R using power iso, img burn and clone dvd2 with no success. ANybody have any ideas.?

Thanks in advance.

2. stumpied

stumpied Member

You should just connect the cable box and dvd player outs to the home theater reciever inputs thru HDMI or whatever connections are available. How many devices are you able to connect to the home theater receiver?

Then connect the Video out from your reciever to the video in on the television. Then select on the home theater reciever whatever device you are going to use and you will have the video on screen and the audio coming thru the home theater speakers. This is the set up I have. The only down side is no sound will come thru the televison, but what's the use when using a home theater system anyways.

I have an older Samsung DVD player and it has zero problem playing copied dvd's on it.