1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV no pic (on;y for movies)

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by Colt45, Feb 18, 2003.

1. Colt45

Colt45 Member

Hi, got a problem, hope someone out there can help :)

I have GeForce 4 Ti4200 with TV out via S-video and then an s-video to phono adapter to scart....problem is i can see my desktop and games running no problem on the TV, but my movies dont play at all, regardless of what different players I try, zoomplayer, bs, media player 9....they all show the movie fine on my computer monitor but all I get is a dark background on the TV although I can see the destop no problem.... I just think its weird how I can see everything else, and not the movies...just blackness!!!!...please help! :D

cheers

Colt

ps - My TV is Sony Trinitron,

2. hk2npck

hk2npck Regular member

I know the problem...it happened to me at first. What you have to do is go into the N-View display panel and make the TV the primary display. To do this, choose clone display at the top and then look down at the dropdown bar. Select The TV and click it as "Set as primary display". Your monitor will be no higher resolution than 800x600, but thats ok. Now it will be reversed. You will see the movie on the tv but not the monitor if you want it back.....set your MONITOR back to primary display and sesect "Standard" By the way....do you know anything about picture cd's I need to play A bunch of jpegs in a dvd player buy creating a VCD of them wont work......what can I do???

3. Colt45

Colt45 Member

Hey thanks for that man! That solved my problem, i'm now a very happy bunny! :) Unfortunatley I'm a relative newb to all this so i'm afraid I don't have the answer about getting ur pics to show on DVD :(

Again Thanks alot man!

4. hk2npck

hk2npck Regular member

5. miksirhc

miksirhc Member

I believe your DVD player MUST support JPEG viewing. Few high-end Toshiba, Philips, Samsung and Sony brands are now supporting this. Mintek, surprisingly, supports this feature as well and they run $50 or so. This is recognized by Kodak Picture CD or JPEG sign. If your DVD player does not support JPEG viewing one other way you can circumvent is to create a VCD movie where the entire length of the movie is one giant slide show. Which means create a movie with still pictures and set each picture to run, let’s say, 5 seconds each.

Good luck.

6. hk2npck

hk2npck Regular member

My problem is that I need a to know how to do it. Do I just burn a cd full of JPEG's?? Will that play in my DVD player? if not....what can I use to make a cd that will play in a VCD??

7. fromand25

fromand25 Member

i actually have exactly the same problem with my TV, only I have a ATI RADEON 9500 PRO card.

N-view: is that only present on Nvidia cards or can I get home form work toy and use your solution ??
    Thnks
    Kim

8. hk2npck

hk2npck Regular member

I believe it is only for nvidia cards. I know that ATI has something like it. Go into display properties->settings->Advanced Look for a tab with the ATI symbol.