1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV System Doesn't Match...?

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by chance22, May 20, 2004.

1. chance22

chance22 Guest

ok i burnt the matrix series and the last samurai the other day, they all work great in my dvd-player. When i put the into my PS2 i get the message TV system doesn't match... WTF does that mean? Also my AR is on the way for my "back-ups", am i even going to be able to play ps2 games with my media or not?

Thanks!

2. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

it usualy means that the dvd reigon encoding is different from your ps2(eg usa region 1 dvd in a uk pal ps2 reigon2)

3. Isher

Isher Member

Devilhunt or whoever can help me,

I just tried to play a DVD I compiled with Nero Recode2 and the same thing happened to me with my friend's PS2 last night. She has a Region 1 PS2 and I was under the impression that anything I burn with Nero will turn out Region 0..Am I wrong on this? Any help would be very much appreciated! Thanks!

4. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

Try analyzing the disc with DVD Decrypter and it will tell which region(s) it's coded for. Compare that to the region(s) your DVD player and PS2 support. I have yet to hear of a PS2 that supports mutiple regions other than the SCPH-10000 Japanese machines with the v1.00 DVD utility discs that were recalled although some standard DVD players support multiple regions.