1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tversity help

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by 5goldstar, Dec 17, 2007.

1. 5goldstar

5goldstar Member

I am having problems streaming movies with Tversity. Whenever I play them, the file starts, stops a second or two, restarts, stops etc etc.
    I have done all of the following:
    Opened ports on router
    Allowed full server rights in firewall
    Installed newest tversity and codec pack
    Tweaked tversity settings

My PC is a 2400+ with 512mb RAM so should not have problems encoding on the fly - the CPU is only running at a few percent. The wireless network is showing at full strength and the movies I'm streaming are only standard XVID/avi files.
    Any help appreciated before I sling the thing through a window - it has already embarrassed me enough in front of my 360 owning mates!

2. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

well unless you have the 2.10 update for the PS3, then you can't stream dvix/avi to the PS3! The update though, I've heard just came out!

3. 5goldstar

5goldstar Member

The update allows the PS3 to play these files natively - Tversity transcodes on the fly. This means that all formats stream to the PS3, but your PC converts them to Mpeg1/2 first.
    An update to my previous problem though - I've got files playing without the stutter, but only when my PS3 shows the Mpeg running at >1mb. When this threshhold is passed, my PS3 stutters. This lends me to think that its a network problem, yet my Netgear assistant shows that the home network is running at 26mbps.

4. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

You should just upgrade to the 2.10 update! I just put it on my system, and all my Divx files (avi, mpeg, mpeg 2, mp4) all play fine! No transcoding or anything! Doesn't lag or anything either!