1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TVersity Media Server and PS3?

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by GeeSlimmy, Jun 4, 2007.

1. GeeSlimmy

GeeSlimmy Member

PS3 cannot find TVersity media server?

1. I downloaded TVersity Media Server and installed it.
    2. Reboot my PC.
    3. Made sure TVersity Media Server Started.
    4. Turned on my PS3.
    5. Opened the Media Folder.
    6. No Server Found.

Do I need to delete codecs? What do I need to set or configure in order for PS3 to find the server?

2. AfterDawn

AfterDawn Advertisement

3. CoastLife

CoastLife Regular member

make sure its not being blocked by a firewall because i was having the same problem and i just went to windows firewall and told it to accept connection from TVersity.

4. Jlhfit

Jlhfit Regular member

coastlife is right.. I had the same prob too.. had to allow the program through win firewall.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2007
  5. tyler123

tyler123 Regular member

what is the best way to nobble the other app while trying tversity .have had more than once server come up on me ps3 .tried to disable nero scout no fking joy

pissed and more stoned than anticipated . a good day .had to stay till 2200 hours at work usually lose 4 hours a week `NICE` .contracted hours dont get paid for them ,nightmare scenario came true .pub rings bell at 22.50 .drink like fk ,bought a bottle of spirits .am writing this because of got in pub at 22 30 .

6. escalante

escalante Regular member

I have a problem with TVersity. I installed and followed through everything. I start up TVersity and added a couple of folders. After about ten seconds the icon on the system tray turns pinkish and when I put the cursor over it, it says "TVersity Media Server is stopped or is not responding." I go to the program click on "Advanced" then click on "Start Sharing" but all it says is: "TVersity Media Server is already running or the service cannot be started." Nothing else seems to help. Anyone got any clue on this?

7. GeeSlimmy

GeeSlimmy Member

Ok, I've tried Windows Firewall but I'm still having issues trying to connect:

1. Windows Firewall window open.
    2. Add Program and I selected TVersity.
    3. Highlighted TVersity Media Server.
    4. TVersity is checked.
    5. Clicked on Edit.
    6. Clicked on Change Scope.
    7. The Radio button " Any computer {including those on the internet} is selected.
    8. I go to turn on my PS3 and click on the media sharing folder icon.
    9. I get the message no media servers found??

8. GeeSlimmy

GeeSlimmy Member

Ok, I just went to my network places and saw that TVersity Media Server icon.. I went over to the ps3 turned it off and on again.. went to search for media server..still no server found?

9. Andrew691

Andrew691 Regular member

Have you either got the newest version that has PS3 support, or applied the patch for PS3 support?

10. GeeSlimmy

GeeSlimmy Member

I have 1.8 latest Ps3 update..
    What patch are you refering to?

11. Andrew691

Andrew691 Regular member

Looks like they removed the update when they added the new version, so do you have 0.9.10.3?

EDIT: Thats version 0.9.10.3 of Tversity.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2007
  12. GeeSlimmy

GeeSlimmy Member

Yep.. I got that one, why what do I do now?

13. Andrew691

Andrew691 Regular member

Have you tried using Windows Media player 11? I found it alot easier to first get that working and get a general understanding of what I was actually trying to do, then try TVersity which I've only just managd to get going.

14. GeeSlimmy

GeeSlimmy Member

I cannot use WMP 11 since I'm having some issues with windows not genuine. I used to get some pop up message upon reboot, I fixed that issue be disabling some stuff. But, anytime I attempt to install windows software I get prompted that my windows in not genuine etc.

Seems like TVersity is almost working and maybe there's just a few more things I need to do in order to get things going.

15. Andrew691

Andrew691 Regular member

I installed WMP on my non genuine system to this, all you need to do is extract the WMP11 setup file with something like winrar or maybe winzip. Doing that should give you a heap of files and 7 exe files, run/install every one BUT setup_wm.exe . Restart your system and you should have WMP 11. Thats what I did and it works perfect.

I do believe you are very close with Tversity though, but cant quite figure out what.

16. GeeSlimmy

GeeSlimmy Member

I downloaded WMP11 but I don't have the heap of files and 7 .exe files that you're refering to.. all I have is:

WMP11-windowsxp-x86-enu.exe
    After installing..
    When click on Windows Media Player.exe I get a Windows Media pop up with options to install wMP9, WMP10, or WMP11 Lincense and Install..

when I try to click on lincense I get the WindowsLicence.reg file window opened.
    when I try to click on the install I get prompted that windows in not genuine..?

Where did you download your WMP11 from ? Mine does not have a heap of files when I unrar it showing 3.

17. GeeSlimmy

GeeSlimmy Member

My bad.. ok, I see the heap o' files.. one sec..

18. Andrew691

Andrew691 Regular member

I got my WMP from a CD on a magazine, but it should be the same as yours. All I did was right click the installer and select extract to folder with winrar. Then went into that folder and there was the files I mentioned.

Nero Home can also stream audio, I havent personally used but its the last option if WMP and TVersity wont work.

19. GeeSlimmy

GeeSlimmy Member

After doing as you said, " 7 exe files, run/install every one BUT setup_wm.exe "..

Here's what happens after I reboot and went to open the WMP.

The file wmplayer.exe has a version number of 11.0.5721.5145 where 10.0.0.3446 was expected.
    Windows Media Player is not installed properly and must be reinstalled.

Do you want to install the Player from the Microsoft Web Site?

Yes or NO...

Then I go to my Control Panal / Add or Remove Programs.

and I cannot roll back because of a Program dependencies are blocking rollback.

Windows Media Player11.

It looks like the rollback succeeded when I remove WMP11 and attempt to roll back but after I reboot I go to open WMP and I get the same message..

this sucks. Now I'm in a worse situation with WMP. I cannot not use my WMP ..?

20. Andrew691

Andrew691 Regular member

Did you run all the exe's(except the setup)? Thats the only thing I can think of right now, the setup must not have been fully completed. Also I had to recreate my links on my desktop because they didnt work. Might also try running the repair install thing under control panel if there is one.

21. GeeSlimmy

GeeSlimmy Member

I had to reinstall.. and select custom instead of automatic recommended set up that i selected previously.. it's all good now.. I'm going to try to connect with my PS3.