1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TVersity Sound Problem PS3

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by storm45, Sep 23, 2007.

1. storm45

storm45 Member

Hi, i have a PS3 and i am trying to watch my .avi files on the PS3 by using TVersity and streaming them of my PC. However, everytime i stream the files the PS3 plays them with good video quality but there is no sound (yes the sound works on my PS3 when i play games etc). I am just creating a media server via TVersity and playing files on PS3 that way. Is there any way i can sort this sound problem out. Any reply will be appreciated, thanks in advance.
  2. AfterDawn

AfterDawn Advertisement

3. xXxBG

xXxBG Regular member

maybe a codec???
  4. storm45

storm45 Member

hi, thanks for the reply, i have k-lite mega codec pack installed on my PC, ithink that should have all the codecs i would need however i am not sure if i may require any specific codec. hmmmmmmmm
  5. odin24

odin24 Regular member

This might seem silly but did you verify that the .avi file in question plays audio on your PC? If not it might be a bad file and not your PS3.
  6. ooZEROoo

ooZEROoo Regular member

Is ffdshow set to transcode the audio correctly?
  7. storm45

storm45 Member

Hi, the .avi files play perfectly on my PC with sound. FFDshow codec is configured correctly to play sound as it plays the sound on my PC.
  8. storm45

storm45 Member

Hi, i would just like to say that my PS3 streaming sound problem has been resolved. It turned out to be the codecs that i had on my PC. I had k-lite mega codec pack installed, i uninstalled it and then installed CCCP codec pack. I'm sure that it should have worked with k-lite codec pack but for me it didnt for some reason, anyhow i have it working now, thanks for all the help provided.

PS. am i allowed to paste a website url here? its the guide i used for setting up the codec pack and TVersity.
  9. ooZEROoo

ooZEROoo Regular member

Yes you are allowed to post urls.
  10. storm45

storm45 Member