1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tversity streaming help!

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by roadie26, Apr 1, 2007.

1. roadie26

roadie26 Member

hi do i need to have a usb wifi adapter on my xbox 360 to do streaming or not?

my router is wired to the xbox but i dont know how to find a network!

2. theridges

theridges Guest

no you dont need the wireless adapter, wired will get you way better streaming....
    haven't tried TVersity but if its anything like orb or the normal network...you should just have to go to media and it will locate it...

3. roadie26

roadie26 Member

thanks a lot m8 i figured this out last nite and watched prison break was very easy 2 set up whats the orb network likr?

4. steimy

steimy Active member

theridges, have you ised Orb? I tried it and streamed a movie but the picture quality was very grainy.
    Thinkgs it could be.
    1. i am using a wireless network (doubt that though since Xbox works just fine)
    2. They are streaming from an External USB hard drive (this may be the killer here)

so what are your thought, i really do not plan to use them as XBMC does a better job and is much easier to use then TVersity or ORB. Plus the movies all show up as countless VOB files and have no names so you can not tell what your playing unless that is the only file there.

5. theridges

theridges Guest

i still use XBMC most of the time but i use orb to watch naruto and bleach episodes on my TV....
    i dont really see a drop in quality....
    i only use ORB for AVI files thats it nothing else....
    even though it does stream music pretty good and other media files..

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2007