1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tvisto won't work

Discussion in 'Home Theater PC' started by Ecchi, Jul 25, 2007.

1. Ecchi

Ecchi Member

Ok I'm starting to get a bit frustrated here. I recently bought the Galaxy 3.5" hdd enclosure Tvisto so I can watch my videos on my T.V.
    I browsed this site and read some other threads about Tvisto but they never solved my problem.

The Problem:
    Tvisto requires the hard drive to be set on Master in order to show up on the T.V. They say to format the hdd on my computer with the Master jumper setting. Problem is that with the hdd on master, my computer does not recognize it.
    I have tried multiple settings and have found out that the drive needs to be set on slave or cable select in order for it to appear on my computer to be formatted and to have files added.
    So I thought hey, I'll just set it to slave and format it, then put files onto it. I can just set it back to master in order to plug it into the T.V. Ok, that seemed to work, until I tried to play it on the T.V. The menu of Tvisto shows up but there are no files found. I can't even find the firmware files that I put onto the firmware folder to update.

To quickly sum up:
    1. Tvisto drive requires master setting to show up on T.V.
    2. Drive won't show up on computer unless it's on slave/cable select jumper setting.
    3. Formating it on slave, then switching to master to watch on T.V. doesn't work.

Any help would be appreciated and sorry for the long post. Thanks

2. TMock

TMock Member

just a thought ... are you using the right file system to format?

In order to use a 250 gb drive through the usb port on my dvd player, the disk had to be formatted in fat32

If you do have to reformat in Fat32 from NTFS, try using "swissknife" software (available free online - do a search)as it will complete the format in a few minutes

All external drives I know of, require the jumpers set to "master" so I don't think that is your problem.

Good Luck

3. fyrdie

fyrdie Member

I saw your posting while researching a similar problem with a Tvisto media drive. Apparently there is an incompatibility with certain drive models, these three Western Digital drives are listed in the FAQ at http://www.galaxymetalgear.com/Tvisto FAQ Articles.html

I don't know the drive model you are trying to use however if it is one of these three drives a firmware update may fix your issues. My guess is the drive takes longer to spin up and initialize itself and the TVisto firmware does not see the drive properly.