1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TVUPlayer and Malwarebytes

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by Aarbyy, Apr 17, 2017.

1. Aarbyy

Aarbyy Member

Hello all. I'm confused by the log in. Why give us a log in and then caution us that it may be insecure? Or is that something that's unavoidable and not unusual? I am not tech savvy so don't bomb me for my flubs.

The days of easy tv streaming (free; the internet we have here is pricey enough) are long gone. Site after site is a bust. And I'm not registering if I don't have to, which narrows my options. Something tells me that I should not. Sites like Afterdawn are a different creature (I hope). I gave up searching for sites and thought I'd pop in here to see if there's any mention of tv online and there was. (I don't, and won't, own a tv set.) I dowloaded TVUPlayer, which my Malwarebytes promptly quarantined. I found it in the quarantine section and restored it but when I try to install it, MB just grabs it again. Circles. MB has the option to set it to ignore stuff, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to utilize it. I right click on the executable, hoping to see such an option, to no avail.

I will just close MB and try this, although I don't know how that will work. I'm only 'trying' the MB actually. I didn't ask for a trial premier version but somehow ended up with one. It seems robust enough, judging from the non stop pop ups telling me it's on the job. However, I had a look at the pricing and it's not reasonable. I'm not paying $75 (I'm Canadian so I'm guessing that that's going to be more than $75) for a single instance of the program. In a few days it will run out and I will let it and there's other options. So what am I going on about? It's just a learning thing. Yes, I'll check out MB's own site, if no one wants to bother telling me how to do this. No biggy.

But I also wanted to ask if anyone has used this prog (TVUPlayer) and found it to be as advertized?

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

you can convert mb from trial version to free version.