1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TW 2005 Backup Prob

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by curlyfry, Feb 27, 2005.

1. curlyfry

curlyfry Member

Hey

I just backed up my TW 2005 cd3
    I used A-Ray scanner and found safedisc 3.20.020
    I used alcohol 120% to back it up using the safedisc 2/3 setting
    It made the iamge and cd fine, but when I put the cd into the cd drive and try to open TW, it goes to the start up screen that tell you the version and then freezes..
    Any ideas whats goin on or how I might just fix it?

Thanks
    Later

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

At what speed did you read and write the disc?

3. curlyfry

curlyfry Member

8x..
    I figured out that it is the disc and not the image file.. because the mounted image off my HD works...
    Is it possible that it will work at lower speeds..eg 1x or something... I use a LG CED-8120B
    or can someone point me in a direction of an already posted thread..

Thanks alot

4. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Try 4X and see what happens.

5. almarsh

almarsh Guest

hi.how are you getting on any results yet.. ihave tried and can get as far as you.. all i really want is a cd to start the game..... tried all the software etc .. write speeds.. but will keep trying ..i managed it with 2004.. any help will be much apprieciated.. any one else have any ideas.. if i crack it i will post it..
    my pc is ok ,, i have a amd fx55... sony dvd rw dw-d22a ... and a sony cd-rw crx-230ed i have tried it on the fly ..i have mounted it etc and tried multiple write...and tried all speeds even 1x... fellas i need help with this one please and in fine detail..step by step.. yep you got it this is a plea for help .. many thanks

6. almarsh

almarsh Guest

hi.. done it ,, phew at last it puzzeled me as it would work of the hard drive but not once you copied it to a cd,, well this is how it goes .. used cloneyxxl to find the write protection.. used alcohol to copy it to the hard drive and used disk juggler at its lowest speed to burn it back to a DVD ,,,,, bingo .. good luck...