1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tweaked hitachi laser....and.....

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by xbubbax, Nov 14, 2007.

1. xbubbax

xbubbax Regular member

now after doing the pot tweak, i popped in my PGR4 demo and it it worked.
    im using C4E ixtreme....on a hitachi 47

at first when i read the first reading of the pot, it read 4.67kohms....WOW, so i turned it down to a nice 3.05khoms and now it reads everything from retail to backups.

i did use the hotswap method with wxripper <---(efficient if your disc is not scratched)
    using xdvdmulleter to stealth check, and auto fix any issues.
    imgburn to backup

thanks to the forums for the help for making sure i did everything right. then it took some time and thinking for me to come up with the pot fix....i didnt think it would work and i would be waisting my time, but it did not fail me.

now im cruising and backing up all my new games.

2. fazes23

fazes23 Guest

dude what exatly happened before u did the tweak? some of my games read but it seems some of the newer games i burn on verbs are saying disc is unreadable.

3. xbubbax

xbubbax Regular member

all media would not read and i would fiddle with ejecting the tray reloading the game, and turning on/off the xbox until finally usally 20 min later it would read the game....retal only....i would get the white screen saying this is not a 360 game, or unplayable disc, and open tray

i got sick of this shit

so i did the google dance and found that alot of hitachi owners are having the same issue i am....well what you want to do is....

get a ohm meter

open your 360 dvd rom to expose the laser.

note you do not have to have anything plugged in to read ohms....no voltage to laser required.

look at this

and there you go....your all set :)

4. fazes23

fazes23 Guest

thanks ur the man

5. xbubbax

xbubbax Regular member

np bro, post back and tell us your journeys....
    anyone who is having a disc reading issue for hitachi's should look at the tutorial i posted....it helps alot.

post back with your experience