1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Two burners or not two burners that is the question

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by zenarrrow, Apr 8, 2005.

1. zenarrrow

zenarrrow Regular member

I had a few problems with my Nec dvd+rw 110A reading disc's I recently put in a new pioneer A09 dual layer I removed the old NEC. Are their any benifits for having two burners compared with just the one? ---zen-->

2. eric545

eric545 Regular member

Don't know if two burners are needed are not however; having two (2) is twice the joy. I have two Plextor PX-716SA (Serial ATA) 16x dual layers burner installed and I can think of no reason why you should not have two burners installed.

3. BigPantz

BigPantz Regular member

Zen, get lots of burners, the more the merrier.. i have 3, 2 internal & 1 external and im thinking of getting another one! you can use the excuse that 'some read stuff that the others dont, you know'.. well, thats what i tell the Mrs. anyway, hehehe... (If she can spend in Ikea, i can spend in PC world. Ha.)

4. zenarrrow

zenarrrow Regular member

OK thanks guys, I appreciate it. The next thing is my wife believes that you could burn a movie directly to a blank one in the other drive with main movie in other burner, no way right, you can't even do that on a cd can you?

5. BigPantz

BigPantz Regular member

depends on if its a copyrighted movie. a backup of a movie will burn disc to disc, no problem. i use Nero 6 to copy disc to disc, its a really good all round program. if youre talking copying off an original DVD to a normal blank disc, you need DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter. try the shrink forum here in afterdawn, i havent come across a problem the good people here couldnt get round. you are in safe hands, my friend...