1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Two disks into one?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Violeter, Oct 5, 2004.

1. Violeter

Violeter Member

I apologize for making a new thread but I didn't find what I was looking for in the guides, probably because I don't know the terminology well enough.
    Also I tried to search but must not be using the right string.

I understand how to use dvd decrypter, shrink, and nero to backup a movie I own.

However, I own a few movies that have the feature on 2 disks, and would like to put it all on one disk.
    With some disks I'm sure the quality would suffer, but we have a plain ol TV and its not large, so they'll likely pass.

Specifically, I'd like to get Gangs of New York onto one disk. I always use my backups for general use and keep the originals in good condition, so its fine to pack it all on one disk and use the original for good quality.
    Gangs is 6.87gb on both disks, and if I could find a way to run it together and shrink it all with the analysis, I'm sure it'd fit well onto one disk.

Question is is, how do I turn what is essentially 2 movies into 1?

Thank you for taking the time to read my concern,
    My Gratitude,
    Vio

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi Vio, welcome to aD,

I did Gangs of NY and Goodfellows without a hitch-using DVD2One. It's also super for episode type projects like the Lost in Space, 6 Million Dollar Man, Soprano's and Sex in the City - It's so worth it I bought it after trying it for a couple of minutes -

For 2 Discs on 1 I use DVD2One in the "Join" mode.
    The join mode is a very powerful new feature of DVD2one. It can be used for many things:
    Joining a movie that has been spread over 2 sides of a disk (aka "flipper") or even over 2 disks.
    Joining of different episodes of a (TV) series on 1 disk.
    Adding a music video, documentary or Featurette after the main movie.
    Adding an intro (for instance THX or Dolby) before the main movie.
    Or any combination of the above possibilities !
    The join mode is not limited to only 2 titles, but it can join any number of titles on 1 disk. Of course the total size of the titles you want to join has its limits. DVD2one has built-in warning messages to let you know when you go to far.
    The join mode has 2 different modes:
    Seamless. The separate titles are joined in 1 titleset, and will play continuously without interruption.
    Non-seamless. Each title is put in its own titleset, and there will be a small delay when the player goes from one to the other title.
    The seamless mode is the perfect mode for joining a movie that has been spread over different sides or disks. DVD2one will examine automatically whether the different titles can be seamless joined together. For this the video, audio and subtitles need to be the same.

The non-seamless mode will work with any title, and can be used in all other cases. DVD2one provides convenient ways to skip through the different title sets.

How to use
    The join mode is very simple to use, since it works like a repeated movie-only mode. After selecting the first title you come to a summary screen. Here you can select another title you like to add to the list, or start processing. If you select to join another title, you will advance through the selection screens again. The only difference is when using seamless mode, you do not have to select audio, subtitle and angle. The selection for these items is taken from the title to which the new title is seamlessly joined.
    Advanced Navigation Mode
    This new feature is experimental and may not work correctly with specific DVD players, or may have some unwanted side effects. It is recommended to try it first with a re-writable disk. It adds the following ways to navigate between the different title sets:
    · Right menu button for next titleset.
    · Left menu button for previous titleset.
    · Next chapter at the last chapter of a title
    goes to the next titleset.
    · Previous chapter at the first chapter of a
    title goes to the previous titleset.
    The menu button system may interfere with subtitles. Also if a titleset does not have subtitles, a dummy subtitle is added to make this feature to work.

Cheers,

Pete

3. Violeter

Violeter Member

Thanks for the help Pete, appears I have to purchase it to try the join feature.

4. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

You won't be sorry, I promise :)

5. MackemX

MackemX Regular member