1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Two fast questions (Alcohol 120% and Hardware)

Discussion in 'PS2 - CD backup discussion' started by ibryant09, Dec 3, 2004.

1. ibryant09

ibryant09 Regular member

I have two really quick questions

1. What speed should I set alcohol to read at?

2. I JUST found this drive called the AXV CD/DVD-ROM drive on my computer... all I know is it's a "ZIP 100" and alcohol refers to it as a "Virtual CD/DVD-ROM drive" instead of a "Physical drive" what does this mean and can I burn dvd's using that?

2. DBZ999

DBZ999 Member

1. Your read speed doesn't matter to much unless you have a game that has a problem reading at a certain point and reading it at a lower speed may fix this.

2. The Virtual Drive lets you mount Images to view the contents of them but it won't let you burn to actual media disc a burner is required to do this so you aren't able to burn DVDs with it.

3. ibryant09

ibryant09 Regular member

cool thanx man... one last thing... is there a place where you can see what version a gameshark is on the box? on the back right? (I finally got my homemade slide card to work right but my ps2 still came up with "not a ps2 format disk) im thinking this is cuz im using action replay and it's a fairly new version

4. sasuke33

sasuke33 Member

yeah new action replays don't work. I had to find that out the hard way before I got my swap magic cds. the new action replays seems to keep the cd spinning so there's really no time to swap the cd. i've only gotten my gameshark and swapmagic to ever boot any back ups, i haven't got the action replay to work as of yet

Last edited: Dec 4, 2004