1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Two hard drives and two operating systems

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by fpvgt, Feb 19, 2007.

1. fpvgt

fpvgt Member

I have two hard drives right both 40gb. One has windows xp pro and the other windows vista home premium. My problam is i cant choose what operatin system i wont to use when i boot. I know if its partciond it comes up automaticly what OS to use but with two harddrives i duno. When im in Vitsa i can see my xp harddrive and all my files if that helps so i know there plugd in right.the reason im wonting to swap between is just gameing reason's vista sucks for games.

thanks in advance fpvgt

2. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

Vista sucks, period. Get rid of it, and use the hard drive for something useful.

3. gtjr_ph

gtjr_ph Regular member

just go to bios then choose which drive to boot first(boot sequence)

4. jvwheel

jvwheel Member

I am not sure if you are asking how one sets up a menu to choose from each time they boot up but if you are there is a way to set up a boot disk for your a drive and that will bring up a menu in DOS. There is also a program in DOS that sets up a menu for you after scanning the system. My keyboard also has a hot-key among the function keys (F-Mode F8) that also brings up a DOS menu of drives to select as your boot drive. Good Luck JV

5. fpvgt

fpvgt Member

ye iv tried bios by choosing whicih harddrive to run but it dont seem to work any other ideas