1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Two main movie files, how do i fix?

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by thaso24, Jan 5, 2005.

1. thaso24

thaso24 Member

Hello to all this is my first post. I have made about 20 backups of various movies now and today or the first time i encountered a problem with DVD shrink. I attempted to burn Butterfly effect and Garfield and they both came out with the main movie containing two titles, exactly the same , so the run time of the movie was 4 hours instead of 2. I'm not sure how to fix it other than to re author, but i want all the menu's and extras . Thanks in advance for all you help.

2. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

You are going to encounter this with a lot of DVDs. Sometimes on title is widescreen the other is full screen. I think Butterfly effect if I remember corectly is theatrical release and directors cut. And sometimes movies have an option where there are different angles. When I see this happen, I view a little of both to decide which one I want to backup. If the reason for the two titles is because of the angle option, I backup the first one. The way to test if it is due to the angle option is to play the first one then highlight the next one. If it continues playing whitout stopping, then the titles after the first one are the different angles. Hope I didn't confuse you. Basically you have to test and see for yourself to be sure.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2005