1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

two questions....

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by idosteno, Mar 1, 2005.

1. idosteno

idosteno Guest

when I try to copy a 90 minute vcr tape, I only got 47 minutes.
    Then, I cleared the harddrive and tried to copy a 120 minute movie, and I only had 57 minutes....
    Do I have something set up wrong or is it copyright issues?
    I am trying to copy all the Magic School Bus episodes that we bought on vcr tape and put them on one dvd. Single episodes do fine. It was a 90 minute triple episode that didn't work.
    I am using MS MediaCenterEdition, the original which I believe is 2004, at least that's when we got it on our Sony Viao Digital Editing Station in Feb. of '04.
    Thanks in Advance.

2. pfh

pfh Guest

Are you saying you'er running out of HD space but everything else is ok?
    If so, then I'd guess the captured file is AVI format with little compression and thus filling up drive space.
    What size is your drive and how much free space is available? Are you using a separate drive for capture?

3. idosteno

idosteno Guest

You know, I am not very good at this. I can tell you what the paperwork here on this Vaio says....
    Intel P4 Processor 3.20Ghz
    MS WXP Media Center Edition
    Standard RAM 512MB
    Hard Drive 200GB 7200rpm Ultra ATA/100
    GigaPocket Engine MPEG@ Realtime Encoder/Decoder board with TVTuner
    Does that answer anything?

I just now went back through some notes that DVDTV sent me when trying to hook it up, and he noted in here that I must change the "Quality" in my settings to get 140 minutes, Best=72 and better=95 and Fair 190

So...I have changed mine to Good, and I am trying that now to see what happens....

Thanks for any help:)

OH! and I have been burning each vcr tape (I am trying to transfer our kids' collection of MagicSchoolBus tapes to DVD for the car) but I'm using DVD-RW and they won't let me add to...like I'm copying the movie, then editing in Click To DVD and then burning through Click to DVD, but it won't let me add to the DVD:(
    I wish I knew what I was doing LOL!

THANKS AGAIN:)

Also, I am in the process of buying a Sima GoDVD CT-2...is that what I need for the tapes that only look blue on the monitor, or they play a bit and then it goes just blue...is that the copyright?

I APPRECIATE YOUR TIME IMMENSELY:) (hope I spelled that correctly)

4. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member