1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Two Towers problems

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by taxslave, Feb 16, 2003.

1. taxslave

taxslave Guest

I DL'd a copy of The Two Towers recently in the format DVDScr.XViD-ViTE. I attempted to encode it using TMPGEnc. All appeared fine...I set an end point and while doing so I checked the appearance of the file and it seemed perfect, so I started the encoding process. 10 minutes into it the screen went blank and never returned. I have tried numerous times and the same thing happens. Is there another program I should use or is there some setting I can change that will fix the problem. I will send whoever helps me a free copy of the completed film. Thanks

2. Whardie

Whardie Member

yea i had the same problem. 8 minutes into the first half there are bad frames and tmpg is thrown off by them. Nobody has told me a way to fix them so i think its impossible. you can see the bad frames by watching the first part on your computer and you will see that at exactly 8 minutes into the film the picture freezes and the sound keeps going.

3. Whardie

Whardie Member

also it was the same VITE screener

4. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

The vite release is almost unrepairable! i believe postx released a divx with ac3 sound perhaps you could try that!

5. CRAZYmack

CRAZYmack Guest

OK guys i've been playing around with that Two Towers file for a week and i finally have it all figured out and I have it on 2 1/2 vcd's. What you have to do is get a tool called avifixed, run it, that will fix the frames of the movie that are corrupted, theres like 6 of em. Now, run a program called virtual dub and load the file. Now go to video and select compression and make it divx. and also go to video and select full processing mode. Go to audio and select full processing mode and then go to audio compression, and select no compression. AFter this go to file<save as avi. Give it a name and let it run, after this you can convert it to VCD with no problems and teh first half will be about 850mb and the second will be the same.

6. taxslave

taxslave Guest

The version I had wasn't a screener. It was a real version of the film with a disclaimer at the beginning stating that is was for academy purposes only. I will try what CRAZYmack said though, and see if it works.

7. Dela

Well that would make it a screener :p

8. mikeh

mikeh Member

so is this file completely worthless? i did all that crazymac said and got an error in vdub (integer by zero?) does avifixed automatically replace and save the fixed avi file or does it create a new file somewhere that i cannot find? it says it fixes the file but like i said, in vdub i get an error at about the same frame as in tmpgenc. any additional help would be great as i'm starting to give up on this one.

9. Dela

avifixed removes bad frames from an avi source!

10. mikeh

mikeh Member

after you run the avi through avifixed, it says the frames that it corrected and "file fixed" in the text box. there is no place to save the fixed file so my question is does it overwrite the original file and autmoatically save it or do you need to rename and save the new file? when i went back to the original file after using avifixed on it and ran it through vdub, i still got error messages giging me the impression that it never fixed anything, i didn't run the correct file in vdub, or i have no clue what i am doing.

11. Jasper73

Jasper73 Member

I had the same problem I used Vdub-mp3. I deleted the corrupt frames and then saved out as an avi and the problem of bad frames was gone! It solved the problem of sync being out also which you got with Vdub

12. Jasper73

Jasper73 Member

Email me if you want Vdub-mp3 sent to you