1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Two versions of Swap magic 3.6 possibly???

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by flanker22, Jun 13, 2007.

1. flanker22

flanker22 Member

I think some swap magic discs say "Magic3 Plus" while some discs say "SwapMagic 3 Plus"

please if you could post what your disc says and region, it would clear up a few things. Mine says Magic3 Plus (USA NTSC). Also the inner ring is really messed up.

2. Z3120

Z3120 Regular member

I have the SwapMagic logo on both of my Swap Magic discs along with the specific region it is for. This doesn't look good the way this is going... Have you managed to boot up a backed-up copy or import you've tried to play with it? If you're trying to boot a backed-up game, what's the DVD media brand you're using for it/them?

3. flanker22

flanker22 Member

my backups are perfect they always boot up. The swap magic disc fails to boot to the swap magic screen. To clarify when i insert the swap magic disc the playstation 2 logo pops up then then screen just remains black 50% of the time.

Original games work fine, i've cleaned the lens. i've cleaned the swap magic disc and its free of any major scratches.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2007
  4. Z3120

Z3120 Regular member

Well, I don't think it'll be too much of a problem if you've gotten your games to work, but you're basically saying in order to access the Swap Magic menu, it's a 50-50 chance it'll actually arrive there. What DVD media is your games on? What version of Swap Magic do you have? Have you tried this particular Swap Magic disc on another PS2 and have better, similar or worse results? And how messed up are those inner rings you've mentioned? The inner rings you are referring to are suppose to look like the rings of a trunk that tells the age of a tree. If the rings are messed up or crooked like you've said, the Swap Magic disc could be a bad burn from the sound of it.

5. flanker22

flanker22 Member

burns are on verbatim 8x dvd-r, using dvd decoder on 4x burn speed.

i have swap magic 3.6 usa ntsc

ive noticed something else swap magic boots only when i havent played the ps2 for awhile(completely cooled ps2) while original games boot up fine no matter what.

also about the rings not the data side of the disc but the logo side the small ring is scrapped off there are black specks all over the disc, its just really poorly made in general. also when i recieved it, it had minor scratches on the disc.

6. Z3120

Z3120 Regular member

I think you're better off trying to ask for a replacement. If you had another PS2 to try it out on, it'll be easier to see if it's a bad burn. Or your PS2's laser is somewhat old and is having trouble booting the Swap Magic disc but not your original games where they boot up successfully and run perfectly fine.

7. flanker22

flanker22 Member

i dont think replacement will help, since even my cd swap magic disc has the same scrapped ring. im sure their whole batch of swap magic discs are like this. Returning it would require me to pay out of my pocket for shipping it back. ive seen other swap magic discs and they have a clean ring.