1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Two wee XP problems

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by p4_tt, Dec 5, 2005.

1. p4_tt

p4_tt Active member

I have two small but rather annoying problems that i came across so far with Xp, 1st is that since my last format & install of Xp i have not been able to view details for any avi file on my PC, all i get is what is shown below, 2nd problem that i just noticed yesterday is that i can not change the color of my fonts but i can change the actual font itself, i spent a rather long time searching settings and Google with no luck i even thought i was turning stupid but there seems to be something up with the fonts, as for the file info it's just avi files that it wont show the info for, mp3's jpegs etc still work so am thinking maybe there's a duff dll (any1 know what window file actually handles the details for that sort of thing?) file causing it. i did have style Xp & Windows Blinds installed but there not the problem with the fonts.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Is this were the font color gets changed or am i in the wrong place, also is there a way of changing the font color via Regedit?

Last edited: Dec 6, 2005
  2. fuzzai

fuzzai Member

By your screen shots, it seems that you have a custom Scheme, Maybe this could be why it wont let you change the font color?

go to windows standard, and see if you can change it.

Any difference?

3. p4_tt

p4_tt Active member

That theme is from StyleXp but i know for a fact that that's not whats causing it as when its removed it's just the same :(

[​IMG]
    Xp normal- Top, Classic- Bottom.

4. p4_tt

p4_tt Active member

Well for some odd reason the fonts are changing the color by themselves, like if i select a white background the fonts change to black and if i select a black background it changes the fonts to white, very strange as it never b4.